Home

PS3 - Classic Teams

This is a discussion on PS3 - Classic Teams within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
PS3 - Classic Teams

Hey everyone, I've been creating classic NBA teams for a long time now (created like 35 teams for NBA 2K6 and 2K8). I've never shared too much online though. But I've started up again this year so figured I'd let everyone know about it.

I know there's a few other threads regarding classic teams for PS3 but I like to work alone with this and do plan on creating a ton of teams this year.

So far with the teams I've done I've focused more on ratings and less on the faces and appearance of the players. My main goal was to initially get out teams that were playable. As far as tendencies too, I haven't gone too far into depth either, just a few changes with shot tendency and such. Either way the teams I have created should give whoever downloads them a solid base to start with if not a good enough product to play with.

The one drawback with this is that the CPU doesn't do the best job controlling the teams I've created. Also sometimes the created teams are overmatched by the classic teams already on the game largely due to the fact that most of those teams have some jacked up shooting ratings.

You can easily find the teams I have done simply by searching the username akennedy13 in the Team section of 2K Share. So far I've created the 93 Suns, 95 Pacers, 01 Sixers, 79 Sonics and 77 Blazers. I also have uploaded a few others (04 Pistons, 81 Celtics, 00 Lakers) but those I just downloaded from 2K Share and made a few ratings edits to them (don't want to take full credit for them).

I plan on creating a lot more with this game. I love 2K12 I know a lot of people have gripes with it but it's the best game I've ever played and I'm not complaining.

I hope everyone enjoys and feel free to request some teams if you like, I have a pretty good knowledge of the game's history (my entire DVR is full with NBA Hardwood Classics).

username: akennedy13

List of teams created and on 2K Share:
93 Suns
95 Pacers
01 Sixers
79 Sonics
77 Blazers
86 Rockets
84 Celtics
82 Lakers
83 Sixers
87 Pistons
00 Raptors
04 Lakers
05 Suns
88 Mavs
03 Spurs
03 Mavs
78 Bullets
07 Warriors

Tentative list of teams I'm interested in creating:
91 Celtics
97 Heat
97 Rockets
98 Pacers
99 Spurs
70 Knicks
67 Sixers
75 Warriors
83 Nuggets

Last edited by crusaderhoops10; 11-10-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: PS3 - Classic Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusaderhoops10
Hey everyone, I've been creating classic NBA teams for a long time now (created like 35 teams for NBA 2K6 and 2K8). I've never shared too much online though. But I've started up again this year so figured I'd let everyone know about it.

I know there's a few other threads regarding classic teams for PS3 but I like to work alone with this and do plan on creating a ton of teams this year.

So far with the teams I've done I've focused more on ratings and less on the faces and appearance of the players. My main goal was to initially get out teams that were playable. As far as tendencies too, I haven't gone too far into depth either, just a few changes with shot tendency and such. Either way the teams I have created should give whoever downloads them a solid base to start with if not a good enough product to play with.

The one drawback with this is that the CPU doesn't do the best job controlling the teams I've created. Also sometimes the created teams are overmatched by the classic teams already on the game largely due to the fact that most of those teams have some jacked up shooting ratings.

You can easily find the teams I have done simply by searching the username akennedy13 in the Team section of 2K Share. So far I've created the 93 Suns, 95 Pacers, 01 Sixers, 79 Sonics and 77 Blazers. I also have uploaded a few others (04 Pistons, 81 Celtics, 00 Lakers) but those I just downloaded from 2K Share and made a few ratings edits to them (don't want to take full credit for them).

I plan on creating a lot more with this game. I love 2K12 I know a lot of people have gripes with it but it's the best game I've ever played and I'm not complaining.

I hope everyone enjoys and feel free to request some teams if you like, I have a pretty good knowledge of the game's history (my entire DVR is full with NBA Hardwood Classics).

username: akennedy13

List of teams created and on 2K Share:
93 Suns
95 Pacers
01 Sixers
79 Sonics
77 Blazers
86 Rockets

Tentative list of teams I'm interested in creating:
84 Celtics
82 Lakers
91 Celtics
87 Mavericks
97 Heat
97 Rockets
83 Sixers
98 Pacers
99 Spurs
04 Lakers
05 Suns
70 Knicks
67 Sixers
78 Bullets
75 Warriors
83 Nuggets
88 Pistons
WOW I think I love you!!! I have been waiting for someone to make classic teams for PS3... I see all these posts about classic teams on 360 but nothing on PS3... Thank you sir, your a god!!!

Also... Does your 95 Pacers team have Reggie? And 93 Suns team have Sir Charles?

Sorry one more thing... Which Pacers team is it... 94-95 or 95-96 team? Also Which Suns team... 92-93 or 93-94 team?

Last edited by The Kid 24; 10-18-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
Rookie

Yeah they're on there. I did about the top ten players for each team. It's the 94-95 pacers and 92-93 suns. Thanks man and enjoy.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #4
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

Quote:
Yeah they're on there. I did about the top ten players for each team. It's the 94-95 pacers and 92-93 suns. Thanks man and enjoy.
If i get you a list of players missing from those Pacers and Suns teams... Any chance you would add those missing players? I like the classic teams rosters accurate as possible... If not, no big deal... Just let me know... Thanks man!!

Last edited by The Kid 24; 10-18-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:27 PM   #5
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

Is there a way to change the names of the teams? For example, change Suns to 92-93 Suns...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 07:03 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

A brilliant effort! I absolutely love classic rosters and teams for my NBA games.

I think the best way to play is to replay the past, and use the greats. I think with a combination of the roster already included in the game, plus the rosters you and others have created, it may be possible to have a mid 90s season/association.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Milwaukee 28
If i get you a list of players missing from those Pacers and Suns teams... Any chance you would add those missing players? I like the classic teams rosters accurate as possible... If not, no big deal... Just let me know... Thanks man!!
Just go to basketball-reference.com to see the full rosters. I don't want to create them now because I want to get more teams out first but I can always go back later on and add the missing players. Also I kind of don't mind not having 12-man rosters just because teams never play 12 guys in the playoffs so I at least make sure to have the playoff rotations for each team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Milwaukee 28
Is there a way to change the names of the teams? For example, change Suns to 92-93 Suns...
The only way to change the team names is to create new teams instead of editing existing teams on the game. I don't like that only because you can't always get the correct logos and I prefer just to edit the existing ones. But once you download these teams it won't be hard to transfer the players to a created team if you wish.

Also I plan on doing a few teams today that shouldn't take long because a lot of the players from them are already on the game. I'm thinking of 87 Pistons, 82 Lakers, 84 Celtics, 83 Sixers and 88 Mavericks. I will post here when I have them uploaded.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:57 PM   #8
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

Quote:
Just go to basketball-reference.com to see the full rosters. I don't want to create them now because I want to get more teams out first but I can always go back later on and add the missing players. Also I kind of don't mind not having 12-man rosters just because teams never play 12 guys in the playoffs so I at least make sure to have the playoff rotations for each team.

The only way to change the team names is to create new teams instead of editing existing teams on the game. I don't like that only because you can't always get the correct logos and I prefer just to edit the existing ones. But once you download these teams it won't be hard to transfer the players to a created team if you wish.

Also I plan on doing a few teams today that shouldn't take long because a lot of the players from them are already on the game. I'm thinking of 87 Pistons, 82 Lakers, 84 Celtics, 83 Sixers and 88 Mavericks. I will post here when I have them uploaded.
Ok no problem man!! Thanks for getting back to me!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »