Home

Historical(but not TOO old) project for PS3

This is a discussion on Historical(but not TOO old) project for PS3 within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-31-2009, 11:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Historical(but not TOO old) project for PS3

As a PS3 owner, I've seen guys like portlandtrailblazer do amazing things for 360 2k rosters, stuff we don't really get for PS3. One of the biggest things on my wish list for 2k in years past was the ability to: create a roster from another year, and then being able to import real draft classes from the following years (i.e. invent a 95 roster for the NBA and then create draft classes for all the years following, so you'd have guys like Kobe, etc in the next draft and see how the NBA ends up getting changed.)

96 is a bit too historical, would take a LOT of work, and also creates the complication of having 30 rather than 29 teams. However, I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in playing an '04 game. Basically, we create rosters from the 03-04 season and then recreate draft classes from 04 through 09. This would greatly change the landscape of the NBA. It would also make for an intersting Bobcats association because those that wanted too could treat them like the "expansion" team, and possibly hand pick their roster from any of the players who are not rated top 8 on their respective teams(because IRL every team protects 8 guys and expansion teams can pick any unprotected guys.)

My only problem is I'm not a talented CAP artist ... I wouldn't be able to make detailed player faces of historical guys. However, for 2004, most of the guys would already be in the NBA so there wouldn't be a TON of CAPs required, just the guys that have retired since then. It'd be a lot of stat editing to regress to 03-04. But if a lot of people are interested and willing to work on it, maybe we could get something off the ground.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
Puck Dynasty

soxnut1018's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Historical(but not TOO old) project for PS3

This sounds like an amazing idea! I know I'm interested.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Historical(but not TOO old) project for PS3

It sounds good to me as well. I'm trying to learn basics on editing rosters/players and then I might be on it (but first I want to learn cause I dont want to mess up things).

I reckon most of the CAPs for that year will be already available through DNA player.

Ciao,
B

PS: I still havent figured out how to create a draft class though... even if I have to say that I havent searched the forum either...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »