Home

NBA 2K18 PS3 Revamped

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 PS3 Revamped within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-28-2023, 03:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2K18 PS3 Revamped

I know the PS3 version of this game gets ripped on, but I'm doing this anyway.

When I recently acquired this, I did what I've always done with a new sports game - start making an opening day/night roster. I started with the default one, but decided to use one based off a later update, for (hopefully) more accurate ratings.

I ended up using this roster here. Apparently the original author hated the generic bald dudes, so he created most (but not all) of them. As this roster was dated 11-18-18, I had over a year's worth of transactions to reverse, plus deleting all of the '18-'19 rookies. Then I noticed some of the CAPs had wrong vital info, default tendencies/signatures, so I had to correct that. I used some info from a 2K18 mod for 2K14, that really helped.

What's done

- all teams have accurate rosters as of their Opening Night 2017-2018 game. Since the game is using the old 15-man, no 2-way players roster, every team is going to have 1 or 2 guys (usually, but not always, a 2-way guy) in the FA list.

- 5 teams done. Using basketballreference.com and common sense, they have accurate rotations, situationals, players' plays (many guys only have "Isolation" by default), numbers, positions, heights, weights, and salaries.

- Ratings, tendencies, signatures, and equipment will be mostly untouched from the base roster; I simply don't follow the NBA as closely as I did 10-15 years ago.

Last edited by JediKnight007; 06-30-2023 at 04:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2023, 06:32 AM   #2
Just started!

Re: NBA 2K18 PS3 Revamped

Is this project still alive?
Old 09-12-2023, 04:23 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlpostcards
Is this project still alive?
Yep, I just have been running into some real life stuff. Plus my video game ADD gets me trying to do too many things at once.
Old 01-22-2024, 11:30 AM   #4
Just started!

Is this still going on, I'd love to be added to a discord for updates on this if possible
Old 01-22-2024, 05:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMemesHereSir
Is this still going on, I'd love to be added to a discord for updates on this if possible
I got a PS4 for my birthday, so this project is going to be on a little hiatus. However, I determined to get this done - I put off a Panzer General mod for about 3 years, I don't want a repeat of that.

I am not online enough for Discord, but if someone wants to take a look at what I have, let me know. I would like somebody with sufficient NBA knowledge to look over ratings, the roster I used as a base has a guy like Markelle Fultz with 99 block, for example, that certainly doesn't sound right.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »