Home

2K please Show More Love To Classic Teams/Players in 2K23

This is a discussion on 2K please Show More Love To Classic Teams/Players in 2K23 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-29-2022, 07:56 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
2K please Show More Love To Classic Teams/Players in 2K23

I know this isn't a huge priority for developers...but PLEASE for the love of God, show more love to the historics! PLEASE pay more attention to detail. Please re-create (at the very least) the top 3-4 players on every classic team. Pay someone from the modding community if you have to. The work that was done to Kobe and Dirk over the last two years is phenomenal. Shows that improvements are possible. Why not put the same effort into the other legends? Most of these guys have looked the EXACT same since 2k16. It makes no sense. Like why on Earth is Shaq as tweeny as Javale McGee? Why does MJ look not even close to as good as MJ from 2k11? Why does Jermaine O'Neal have a low fade? Why does Deandre Jordan have long ponytail Dreads on the '14 Clippers? And Stephon Marbury??? I literally have no words SMH...How come there isn't a young OKC version of KD or a young 2015-16 version of Steph, when there's a young Cleveland Bron? Why are half time and post game interviews only limited to current players? Cant find voiceovers from all players post 1980? Why haven't we seen retro filters since 2k12? Why is the Oracle Logo no longer present on the court of the '07 warriors and '16 / '17 Warriors? How come the "America West Arena" logo is present on the court of the '03 Suns, but not present on the court of the '05 Suns? How come the courts of '12 Thunder, the '14 Pacers, and the '06 and '13 Grizzlies, are the same as their current '22 courts?? PAY MORE ATTENION TO DETAIL!!! Or Hire someone who has all the time in the world to.

It's these small things that really go a long way into creating an immersive experience.

EDIT : New Classic Teams I would like to see added

- 2004-05 Nets
- 2006-07 Jazz
- 2008-09 Magic
- 2009-10 Lakers
- 2009-10 Cavs
- 2009-10 Suns
- 2012-13 Lakers
- 2013-14 Nets
- 2013-14 Rockets
- 2017-18 Celtics
- 2017-18 Rockets
- 2017-18 Thunder
- 2018-19 Sixers
- 2019-20 Lakers
- 2020-21 Nets

Last edited by KobeDropped81; 05-22-2022 at 08:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2022, 11:22 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: 2K please Show More Love To Classic Teams/Players in 2K23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeDropped81
I know this isn't a huge priority for developers...but PLEASE for the love of God, show more love to the historics! PLEASE pay more attention to detail. Please re-create (at the very least) the top 3-4 players on every classic team. Pay someone from the modding community if you have to. The work that was done to Kobe and Dirk over the last two years is phenomenal. Shows that improvements are possible. Why not put the same effort into the other legends? Most of these guys have looked the EXACT same since 2k16. It makes no sense. Like why on Earth is Shaq as tweeny as Javale McGee? Why does MJ look not even close to as good as MJ from 2k11? Why does Jermaine O'Neal have a low fade? Why does Deandre Jordan have long ponytail Dreads on the '14 Clippers? And Stephon Marbury??? I literally have no words SMH...How come there isn't a young OKC version of KD or a young 2015-16 version of Steph, when there's a young Cleveland Bron? Why are half time and post game interviews only limited to current players? Cant find voiceovers from all players post 1980? Why haven't we seen retro filters since 2k12? Why is the Oracle Logo no longer present on the court of the '07 warriors and '16 / '17 Warriors? How come the "America West Arena" logo is present on the court of the '03 Suns, but not present on the court of the '05 Suns? How come the courts of '12 Thunder, the '14 Pacers, and the '06 and '13 Grizzlies, are the same as their current '22 courts?? PAY MORE ATTENION TO DETAIL!!! Or Hire someone who has all the time in the world to.

It's these small things that really go a long way into creating an immersive experience.
Agree! ... I did two rosters. 60 NEW HISTORIC TEAMS VOL.1 (teams from the 70´s.80´s, 90´s and 00´s) and 60 NEW HISTORIC TEAMS VOL.2 (teams from the 00´s and 10´s). 120 New classic teams.
Old 03-30-2022, 01:57 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel1978
Agree! ... I did two rosters. 60 NEW HISTORIC TEAMS VOL.1 (teams from the 70´s.80´s, 90´s and 00´s) and 60 NEW HISTORIC TEAMS VOL.2 (teams from the 00´s and 10´s). 120 New classic teams.
PC or console!???
Old 03-30-2022, 10:30 AM   #4
Rookie

Let’s face it guys. Classic teams and regular offline roster updates are a thing of the past. Unless a large majority of the community demands these updates, they are not just a priority for 2K.

I’ve been saying this months ago, just update the offline rosters with the players and coaches they already have rights to. That will go a LONG way.

I for one do NOT want them to add anymore classic teams. Just fix the ones already in the game. But I already feel the people asking for these updates are a very very small minority
Old 03-30-2022, 01:49 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champy123
Let’s face it guys. Classic teams and regular offline roster updates are a thing of the past. Unless a large majority of the community demands these updates, they are not just a priority for 2K.

I’ve been saying this months ago, just update the offline rosters with the players and coaches they already have rights to. That will go a LONG way.

I for one do NOT want them to add anymore classic teams. Just fix the ones already in the game. But I already feel the people asking for these updates are a very very small minority
I agree!
And also, slightly, disagree...
We still need a 98 Pacers and 93 Suns with Barkley and Reggie.
But it's almost sad to play with the classic teams.
I made a MyNBA with a ton of classic teams and once I started to play I came to realize that the CPU game play for these teams is beyond broken.
Is it the tendencies or the playbooks? I can't quite figure it out..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2022, 02:30 PM   #6
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

It's a combination of individual badges and tendencies for the most part. A few slider tweaks can also help too. . .

Sent from my using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2022, 02:52 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewlavay
I agree!
And also, slightly, disagree...
We still need a 98 Pacers and 93 Suns with Barkley and Reggie.
But it's almost sad to play with the classic teams.
I made a MyNBA with a ton of classic teams and once I started to play I came to realize that the CPU game play for these teams is beyond broken.
Is it the tendencies or the playbooks? I can't quite figure it out..
I understand there are a lot of classic teams they can add. However the ones already in the game are now full of gaps and generic players. This is why I keep saying just work on filling out the classic teams we have instead of adding new ones and filling half their rosters with John Davis or David Browns.

With the new players/coaches rights 2K already has, they can fill out a lot of the teams already in the game plus add their era specific coaches as well.

Unfortunately we will need more people asking for offline roster updates and not the ten or so people I see on these boards that are in the same boat as me
Old 03-30-2022, 10:37 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeDropped81
PC or console!???
PS5 ... https://forums.operationsports.com/f...sic-teams.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »