Home

How do you like to play your seasons in myleague/mynba?

This is a discussion on How do you like to play your seasons in myleague/mynba? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-27-2021, 05:08 AM   #1
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

OVR: 7
How do you like to play your seasons in myleague/mynba?

Do you choose 14, 29, 58, or 82 game seasons? For those of you who play 82, how long does it take you to play through a season and do you play every single game or sim some?

I just bought 2k22 on ps4 and started up an 82 game myleague with the Indiana Pacers. The game seems ok so far but i want to make sure i get the most out of myleague. I am not sure I could play all 82 games, even though i am only using 7 min quarter length.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2021, 06:38 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: How do you like to play your seasons in myleague/mynba?

82 and I use my work schedule to play games. If it falls on either a Sunday Monday or Tuesday, I play the game. Everything else is simmed, and I have to rely on my team building.
Old 11-27-2021, 10:47 AM   #3
MVP

82 games. Play every game of my main team. And will play games of other teams I’m more casually operating as well.

It takes whatever it takes.
Old 11-27-2021, 01:44 PM   #4
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

I go back n forth. I have one save where it’s 12 min quarters 30 game season(expansion team). Another 82 game season with 6 min quarters with the thing turned on to double minutes and stats to 12(Knicks).
Old 11-27-2021, 01:50 PM   #5
Pro

vetmin's Arena

I set my season for 82 games and play 12-minute quarters (as my team only), but I sim all in-conference home games. I enjoy seeing the variety of courts / arena vibes around the league, so -- when I was first considering which games to sim in order to speed up the season -- all those in-conference home games were a natural candidate to sim over. I keep the 15 out-of-conference home games because each one is one of only two matchups with that team, so I don't want to miss that, and also 15 home games is a good number for fully experiencing your various home court designs and getting to feel like it's "home," without it getting too repetitive.

On top of that, I...
  • Play it by ear and also sim over in-conference away games if it's someone I very recently played (like played played, not simmed), or that I played recently enough that I've had my fill of them for the time being.
  • Very often, even when I play, I only play the first two quarters and sim the rest. I only play full games when I feel like it's a worthy, marquee-type match-up. If my team is the one that stinks (like if I'm doing a rebuild), then I'd probably sim all 2nd halves except for teams I want to try and embarrass. Like I said above, much of the fun in MyLeague IMO is experiencing all of the variety of the different teams, and not only is one half long enough to fully enjoy the team's court / arena / vibe, but it's also enough to give you the full experience of the opposing team's style and rotation. Second half is only for if I'm really invested in getting the W, for whatever reason.

None of the above applies to the playoffs of course. I play all of my team's post-season games, except if I'm up 3-0, then I just sim the rest of that matchup (if the opposing team then wins 3 in a row to force a Game 7, I force the Game 7 win for myself, since I'm not going to let the 2K AI punish me for doing the nice thing and trying to quickly put a team out of its misery, lol).
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »