Home

So Old Gym is basically….

This is a discussion on So Old Gym is basically…. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-16-2021, 07:46 PM   #9
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: So Old Gym is basically….

It was such a nice mode early on too. Now it's just like every other online mode. 3pt Playmakers dancing around for 20 secs while my big man (with a 6-inch advantage on my defender) is forced to stand on the block and watch. I can't tell you how many times I've played a game where the inbounds pass was in all likelihood going to be the only pass thrown in a given offensive possession.

I played in the Old Gym a decent amount early on, but I won't go anywhere near it now.
Old 11-16-2021, 08:22 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
It was such a nice mode early on too. Now it's just like every other online mode. 3pt Playmakers dancing around for 20 secs while my big man (with a 6-inch advantage on my defender) is forced to stand on the block and watch. I can't tell you how many times I've played a game where the inbounds pass was in all likelihood going to be the only pass thrown in a given offensive possession.

I played in the Old Gym a decent amount early on, but I won't go anywhere near it now.

True that. And what's up with people just standing around at the entrance all of the time? It's like they are outside at the club shooting the breeze and hoping to get noticed by a cute chick walking by or just showing off their fashion, overall rating, and level.

Like, dude!!! get out of the way, go home, or do something else!!!

That's probably why the game keeps crashing. Too many people standing at the entrance of these places. LOL.

Last edited by MoreThanAGamer; 11-17-2021 at 10:06 AM. Reason: addition to sentence
Old 11-16-2021, 09:41 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreThanAGamer
I don't mind grinding. As a matter of fact that's what I'm doing. I haven't spent any money outside of the initial cost of the 75th Anniversary Edition. My only suggestion is that they should have venues where groups of overall players can play with each other like the 60's, the 70's, the 80's, and the 90's. They've added the old gym and some other places to play where you don't have to beg other players to run with you because they deem you as an undesirable.

And no matter how much you upgrade your player, if you're facing someone who's maxed out and also juiced up on Gatorade steroids and other boosts, and you're not juiced up, it still can be a challenge. And playing games in My Career don't necessarily prepare a player for the online lag and difference in gameplay.

You can be awesome in My Career and think, "Okay, I'm ready for online now." Then get online and experience the lag, the every time I shoot the ball it seems to be made of the same metal as the rim when it clanks, and the more experienced, juiced up players and it's a rude awakening.
Quote:
They created the Old Gym and a couple other places for players to play with out having to be in a squad or having to beg high level players to run with them. That's a plus. It was a struggle to get someone to play with you if you weren't a certain level or in a squad on previous 2Ks. Most don't want to play with newcomers and lower rated players. So what's wrong with newcomers and lower rated players not wanting to play with them and also having the ability to play in their own venue?

It could be an Old Gym of Overall ratings too. 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's. It's just my own thought. But hey I get it. Go get your player attributes and badges up, learn the lag, and go play.
Again is it that hard to grind your player offline before hopping on? Everything you're complaining about is easily avoidable. A few days in Mycareer and you have a fully upgraded Myplayer that you can use all year if you want.

Of course people don't want to hop online to play with 80 overall Myplayers, they spent time to grind their build and you didn't. I see a lot of complaints with this game and some of them are justified but I mean how easy do you want them to make it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2021, 05:21 AM   #12
Rookie

In my view it is a very nice place, we need more of such content, 5v5 randoms would be nice, since the Rec is broken.

I think you can enjoy the Old Gym, you can have luck joining cool people, okay shooting is far too easy now in game i agree, double the playmaking shot creator, build the chemistry and u can have really long winning streak.

I think Old gym rocks, i would love seeing more of such content.

2v2 & 5v5

Especially 5v5 would end pathetic friends vs randoms farm in the Rec

Not to mention the Rec is broken with Ai`s joining the lobby

Content similar to Looking for Dungeon tool implemented long time ago in World of Warcraft would enhance this game big time.

In past when your friends werent on, you wanted go park, and stood there like fool, waiting for some people join you or not, what a waste of time it was, damn it was pathetic.
Old 11-17-2021, 10:04 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheRails
Again is it that hard to grind your player offline before hopping on? Everything you're complaining about is easily avoidable. A few days in Mycareer and you have a fully upgraded Myplayer that you can use all year if you want.

Of course people don't want to hop online to play with 80 overall Myplayers, they spent time to grind their build and you didn't. I see a lot of complaints with this game and some of them are justified but I mean how easy do you want them to make it?
I don't know about you but it's impossible to fully upgrade a My Player in a few days unless a person spends money, doesn't have a job or other responsibilities, and stays up three days straight grinding without any sleep. It's probably doable then.

And also, you're saying it's cool for people to not want to play with an 80 overall or other lower rated players but the lower rated players don't have the right to feel the same way about playing with higher rated, maxed out players. Interesting. With that type of thinking they may as well ban everybody who isn't a 99 overall from any parks, REC, and other venues. That's why it was hard to get picked up in a game before OldGym came along.

And I'm not complaining. I'm stating my experience and suggestions. That's why I said it would be great if they had options for players to play together grouped by rating as well (60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, and the option for all to play together). That way, the 60's can have fun clanking everything in the park together while upgrading their player and then move on to the 70's and so on and so on.

And the maxed out players can play with each other without having to discriminate against newbies and lower rated players. Problem solved.
Old 11-17-2021, 12:26 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
I don't know about you but it's impossible to fully upgrade a My Player in a few days unless a person spends money, doesn't have a job or other responsibilities, and stays up three days straight grinding without any sleep. It's probably doable then.

And also, you're saying it's cool for people to not want to play with an 80 overall or other lower rated players but the lower rated players don't have the right to feel the same way about playing with higher rated, maxed out players. Interesting. With that type of thinking they may as well ban everybody who isn't a 99 overall from any parks, REC, and other venues. That's why it was hard to get picked up in a game before OldGym came along.

And I'm not complaining. I'm stating my experience and suggestions. That's why I said it would be great if they had options for players to play together grouped by rating as well (60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, and the option for all to play together). That way, the 60's can have fun clanking everything in the park together while upgrading their player and then move on to the 70's and so on and so on.

And the maxed out players can play with each other without having to discriminate against newbies and lower rated players. Problem solved.
It takes like one week tops, especially with rebirth being a thing. The game's only been out for 2 months and I've already grinded two builds to 99 without spending a penny and that was without rebirth.

That said, you were the one complaining about having to play fully maxed out Myplayers. Those players took the time to grind their build out, you didn't. I'm just saying there's nothing stopping you from grinding your build out as well.

They don't need to dumb the game down just so people that don't want to take the time to grind their builds don't have to play higher level players. If you want to hop right online with a lower overall player then fine, just know that you're going to be at a disadvantage.
Old 11-18-2021, 09:29 PM   #15
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheRails
It takes like one week tops, especially with rebirth being a thing. The game's only been out for 2 months and I've already grinded two builds to 99 without spending a penny and that was without rebirth.

That said, you were the one complaining about having to play fully maxed out Myplayers. Those players took the time to grind their build out, you didn't. I'm just saying there's nothing stopping you from grinding your build out as well.

They don't need to dumb the game down just so people that don't want to take the time to grind their builds don't have to play higher level players. If you want to hop right online with a lower overall player then fine, just know that you're going to be at a disadvantage.
Took me bout 2 months of casual playing to get to 99.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2021, 10:31 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
Took me bout 2 months of casual playing to get to 99.
Then you must barely play it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »