Home

MyNBA MyStaff Generator for 2k21 and Before

This is a discussion on MyNBA MyStaff Generator for 2k21 and Before within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-06-2021, 10:47 PM   #1
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

OVR: 0
MyNBA MyStaff Generator for 2k21 and Before

Maybe you're like me and didn't get 2k22. It could be for any number of reason, all of which are reasonable. Maybe you don't feel the need to drop $60-70 every 12 months, or you're invested in your current game, or you just weren't blown away by the improvements. Doesn't matter, you didn't get it, and that's fine.

As an avid MyNBA player, I didn't think the changes made to the mode warranted me getting the new version, plus I like where my current league is at. But I saw what they did to add MyStaff and really liked it. The coaching and training staff setup in 2k21 is, less than ideal, so an improvement there was needed. Granted, not at the top of my wishlist but I digress.

To not be totally left out of the fun of MyStaff, I decided to make a generator to somewhat replicate what happens in those spots. That generator is available at the above link but also here:

MyStaff Generator

In essence, the generator replicates some of the front office functions (read: Governor), coaching staff positions, scouting and sports medicine departments that our friends with 2k22 now have. Granted, you don't have the cool generic headshots, coach names, and career progression that 2k22 has, but we can't have it all.

There are some rules, of course, to avoid this becoming too OP. Those rules are below, and of course don't feel obligated to follow them, I just made them to try to keep things realistic and reasonable.

Front Office - Governor
- Done for every team (user choice) during League Meeting phase of the offseason every third year
- Outcome remains in place (within reason) until done again

An example: Governor - Open Checkbook: Governor is comfortable with spending as much as necessary, regardless of tax bill

In this instance, your team (or for our 30-team control players, any team) will be given the green light to go above the tax line regardless of how good your team is. Obviously budget constraints may come into play, but again, not perfect.

Coaching
Done for every team during Training Camp
Can only run the generator once for each player
If you get No Improvement, that’s your roll
If used, not allowed to use training camps for that player except for team-related drills (i.e. free throws)
Trainer grades impact the attribute boost range
F: 0-1
D: 1
C: 1-2
B: 1-3
A: 1-4

An example: Wing Whisperer: Increase all perimeter attributes (offense and defense) by 0-4 depending on Trainer Grade (F: 0-1; D: 1; C: 1-2; B: 1-3; A: 1-4)

You'll need a good trainer to make this really be good, but in this instance your player would get a chance at a pretty good boost. Again, not perfect because I assume in 2k22 you can assign a coach to a player, but it's something.

The other potential concern a user may have is if they are trying to get a guy to be better at a certain thing, like shooting, they run the risk here of the guy not improving in that area. If you want a guy to get better at something specific, I'd just recommend upping that specific stat via training camp, but that's just me.

I'm on the fence here if users should be allowed to choose the coach, to eliminate some randomness and take away that risk of the guy not improving where you want, because afterall there's a chance you get a 1 or 2 even with an A trainer, so if anyone has feedback I'm all ears.

Scouting
Done during the opening week of the NBA season
Scout grade impacts the number of times you can do it (use random number generator to decide)
Still allowed to do scouting in-season

An example: Great domestic scout: Go to edit 2 college prospects only and identify what you want; cannot change anything

If you got this, you would go to two players of your choosing, click Edit Player, and look at what you want.

Sports Medicine
Done for every team during Training Camp
Can only run the generator once for each player
If you get No Doctor, that’s your roll
Not allowed to use training camps except for team-related drills (i.e. free throws)
Trainer grades impact the attribute boost range

An example: Stamina Training: Improve stamina and hustle by 0-4 depending on Trainer Grade (F: 0-1; D: 1; C: 1-2; B: 1-3; A: 1-4)

This is similar to the coaching/training one, but deals with the physical attributes rather than the skill attribute. This is like the training one, where I'm on the fence if you should just choose what coach you send a guy to, so open to suggestions.

And before I forget, credit to TheDominator273 for creating the bones of the generator with his original thread.

Special thanks to all those in OS who go in and put hours and effort into this game for everyone else to enjoy. If you use the generator or have any feedback, please let me know, always looking to hear what people think. Enjoy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2024, 09:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MyNBA MyStaff Generator for 2k21 and Before

Bro's a hero.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »