Home

Play Now Online 2K21: Endgame

This is a discussion on Play Now Online 2K21: Endgame within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-03-2020, 12:14 PM   #17
Rookie

billiethetree's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Play Now Online 2K21: Endgame

Was hoping they were going to add Porzingis to the All-Time Mavs team seeing as how the only center you could play with on that roster online was James Donaldson. But nope, apparently they didn't even touch the all-time teams outside of the Lakers so ima pass on 2k21 and keep on trucking with 2k20. Why not when the rosters are all exactly the same? If 2k was gonna half *** this new game so much and blame the NBA season restart, they could at least charge less for the base game.
Old 09-03-2020, 12:39 PM   #18
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhouprodigy92
Just seeing now that there isn't going to be a rating update for 2k21 until the next-gen versions come out. I wonder if it's too late to cancel my preorder...

I really hope that they've tweaked gameplay enough so that players with >75 ratings aren't missing bunnies at the rim against weak defense. As it is, the game seems too biased against role players who don't have the necessary badges. I really want to know if this has been fixed. Are you seeing a lot of missed shots that should logically go in, just because of low ratings?

Also, I know they said they fixed the issue with your shooters being too far from the 3pt line to actually make those shots. Has this really been fixed? Do players automatically "step in" to their shots now?
They set up directly behind the line...thank god.

Layup success is moreso tied to the meter. Feels a lot better and feels logical so far.

Was able to make a lot of tough, yet makeable layups with Kemba playing with the Celtics. Finishing seems like it will be fun this year.

Defense/Rotations/Transistion feels better but I haven't been "5-Outed" or Long balled to the maximum yet so I will hold off on saying it has definitely improved.

Movement translates online really well though.
Old 09-03-2020, 12:57 PM   #19
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiethetree
Was hoping they were going to add Porzingis to the All-Time Mavs team seeing as how the only center you could play with on that roster online was James Donaldson. But nope, apparently they didn't even touch the all-time teams outside of the Lakers so ima pass on 2k21 and keep on trucking with 2k20. Why not when the rosters are all exactly the same? If 2k was gonna half *** this new game so much and blame the NBA season restart, they could at least charge less for the base game.
To be fair, the NBA restart is beyond their control, and there's still the COVID-19 situation. I really didn't have any super high expectations for NBA 2K21 current gen. I work from home for my job, and it SUCKS! It takes longer to do things, because I can't just jump up and talk to someone. Most of my communications is through our instant messaging system.
Old 09-03-2020, 01:25 PM   #20
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Yep, tier system is still in unfortunately.
Where did you find that out ? (You got the game. Just read it).

- Can you just keep using the same team over and over again and just stay in freshman ?

- can you change aimed shooting online ? If so, what can you use.

- do you still see green splashes on yours and the opponents shots ?

- is it basically the exact same PnO from last year ?

- thank you sir.....lol

Last edited by Mintsa; 09-03-2020 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-03-2020, 01:28 PM   #21
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Out of all the PNO systems they’ve had since 2K16, this one was the worst and they’ve kept it for 3 years in a row lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2020, 01:49 PM   #22
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Out of all the PNO systems they’ve had since 2K16, this one was the worst and they’ve kept it for 3 years in a row lol.
I still dream of a version where they have ALL the teams unlocked from the start. That was the most fun that I had playing with teams....shame the blow-by animations made it impossible to play defense.
Old 09-03-2020, 01:58 PM   #23
Rookie

billiethetree's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
To be fair, the NBA restart is beyond their control, and there's still the COVID-19 situation. I really didn't have any super high expectations for NBA 2K21 current gen. I work from home for my job, and it SUCKS! It takes longer to do things, because I can't just jump up and talk to someone. Most of my communications is through our instant messaging system.

The restart is out of their control, but they still could have made a good faith effort to deep dive into their NBA player ratings and rosters and made tweaks or improvements rather than literally leaving it exactly the same. They could have improved players tendencies, badges, etc. If nothing else to show that even though they are charging $60 for the same game, they put some thought into it besides copy and paste. This side of the game also seems like it would be super easy, and it could be accomplished by a team of like 3 people tops.

Again I'll use my specific lens as a Mavs fan but things like this apply across the board to lots of different teams. Why is Tyson Chandler on the '11 Mavs classic team rated an 84, but then is rated an 82 on the Mavs all time team? What is the point of having a roster of 15 players for the All-Time team if you can't use the last two guys on the team online? Oh not to mention that in 2k21 they still have Luka at an 87 rating even though his PNO rating is a 96.

The Devs went through the trouble of adding LeBron to the Lakers All-Time team, but not someone like Porzingis who after even 1 season should be on the All-Time Mavericks over someone like Brad Davis or Shawn Bradley, he just had the best non-Dirk front court season in Mavs history. The Devs wasted no time adding Kawhi to the Raptors last season, so don't tell me it's about longevity. Oh and they already have Kawhi on the Clippers all time team this season.

As someone who was about 50/50 on buying the new game or sticking with 2k20, this kind of laziness seals the deal for me. I am not the type of person who rushes out to buy the newest game system in the cycle, and I remember what a HORRIBLE job 2k did with the PS3 versions of 2k starting in '14. If they want to just do the bare minimum ok fine, but then don't charge $60 for the game. I learned my lesson last time though, not making the same mistake again.

Last edited by billiethetree; 09-03-2020 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-03-2020, 02:12 PM   #24
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Going through some moodswings if i should go for it early. Really was about to buy after reading about improvement movement and that players aint spotting up at deep range anymore.

However PNO at the first month of release is usually most awful experience because of input lag. 2k20 PNO was straight unplayable until mid November or so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »