Home

Play Now Online 2K21: Endgame

This is a discussion on Play Now Online 2K21: Endgame within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-05-2020, 05:45 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Play Now Online 2K21: Endgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Can you dashboard though ?????

Anyone take the hit yet ??

C’mon rooks, time for one of you to step up.
Only cuz I'm upset and I know I'm good enough to go back above %50, I'll risk going 1-3 for you to let you know that yes, you can still disconnect at the menu before the game starts without taking a loss.

But looking at all of these teams, I'm not even gonna bother getting out of Freshman until the Spurs are out. The Raptors and Celtics all have starting lineups worth of 80+ players. Everyone else has like, 2 guys who are 90+ OVR.

I don't want to use these other teams, but at this rate, since they aren't doing roster updates until next gen, I literally have to use anybody but my favorite team if I want a fair shot at a game. Because DeMar Derozan, one of the best finishers in the game, can't trigger a dunk animation against half of these All-Star Centers that are in Tier 1.

Last edited by zhouprodigy92; 09-05-2020 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-05-2020, 06:25 PM   #74
Pro

Cheesiest 2k I've ever played in my life. Transition D and penetration D has been nerfed into oblivion this year.
Old 09-05-2020, 06:54 PM   #75
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah I'm definitely going to wait until next gen lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2020, 09:27 PM   #76
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27
Play Now Online 2K21: Endgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
Yeah I'm definitely going to wait until next gen lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app

Good choice. I was going to hold off for now but didn’t have the self control and got it last night.

Like the guy above said, a lot of the same bs still exist. Bad transition D, and your defenders still sliding off to the side of a offensive player pump faking or hop stepping in the paint.

It’s especially not to enjoyable for us sim heads who like to run plays and actually run sets to get good shots because the shooting is horrible. Going 2/10, 4/15 from 3 is a normal game for me right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2020, 10:27 PM   #77
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24 7
I ended up buying it and I'm surprised at how silky smooth online play is. Finally! It's almost too responsive now, I have to adjust to how jumpy the controls are compared to how unresponsive everything was last year. It feels like they really nerfed defense though. This is the easiest its been to just turbo past defenders.
Holy ****, it is actually playable this year! I'm not gonna say there was no lag as I was sliding around a bit still, that's every year anyway and I can adjust. In 2K20 something was seriously wrong, choppy AF and combined with lag I wasn't able to play at all and quit the game.

Swore I wouldn't buy 2K21 but with the playoffs on and not having played in a long time I couldn't resist and hoped for some level of improvement and there seems to be!

Of course I played a straight lakers fast breaking, find the human defender cheeser the first game but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I couldn't buy a jump shot even though I seemed be getting the release correct but there is probably some adjustment as there is each year and that's ok. Happy I can actually play again!
Old 09-05-2020, 11:00 PM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
LT defense is very responsive. I can't say enough about movement in general this year. I love it...

"RS'ing" into the jumping players didn't get you fouls? I feel like I get them a lot.
But the RS-ing, this isn't working for me. Should I run into the person first?

This is why I'm feeling like there's lag on my end, because like (I wish I saved this clip), I'm waiting for people to jump and then trying to score but it's not working. I feel like the animation starts when they're on the way down, and my player tries to shoot a shot that "avoids" the defender, instead of create contact. Am I doing something wrong?

It sucks, cuz in that Lakers game, I had a moment where AD or McGee were constantly jumping in front of me when I had Jakob, and I kept pumping, and then, when I moved the RS into them, he decided to throw up some.... spinny Hook shot that got blocked, instead of going for the foul. Like, they're not playing good defense (which is why I'm thinking it's one of those Spurs don't belong in Tier 1, perhaps). Maybe it's just it being Jakob, and not Lamarcus, and I should try again.
Old 09-05-2020, 11:51 PM   #79
Rookie

ESPOMAN's Arena

OVR: 17

I lost my first two games which is not shocking because I am unable to shoot and KAT and Russell and maybe Beasley are the only ones on the Wolves that can make a three. But nobody is making any when I play. Last year I was like 6-0 on play now oh well.
Old 09-06-2020, 04:52 AM   #80
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

I’ll never understand 2K’s new obsession with forcing this “skill-gap” in shooting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »