Home

Post Hook Shot - Overpowered?

This is a discussion on Post Hook Shot - Overpowered? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-20-2020, 01:09 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Post Hook Shot - Overpowered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFgGoatLikesHawks
I've seen hook shots be OP in Rec (heavily contested, double teamed etc), probably with Deep Hooks badge, but you don't see a lot of players use it.
got a community that looks to youtube for exploits. luckily nobody has told them about hooks lol.

steady shooter is just now making the rounds on youtube
Old 05-21-2020, 12:24 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Maybe it's me but in the rec If a player is ONE inch above you and you attempt a shot which isn't a driving shot you are not hitting the shot if contested unless the rubber banding kicks in and freezes the defense. Well at least I can't and I have a Paint Beast and a lot of badges.

On a smaller defender it's different and they are food. The crazy part is that no one will give you the ball in the paint if you just walk on with randoms. I guess that's like real life though with the three pointers being the new dunk.

At cheese, I'm trash. At basketball, I'm great!

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Old 05-22-2020, 07:13 PM   #11
Rookie

MakePostGreatAgain's Arena

OVR: 0

People are just upset Bigs can actually score this year since 2k fixed the hook shot animations and gave Bigs useful scoring badges.

As long as yall hitting white from the half court logo stop complaining about a big hitting a hook in the restricted area over a smaller defender.

These hot takes make my blood boil.,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2020, 05:26 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakePostGreatAgain
People are just upset Bigs can actually score this year since 2k fixed the hook shot animations and gave Bigs useful scoring badges.

As long as yall hitting white from the half court logo stop complaining about a big hitting a hook in the restricted area over a smaller defender.

These hot takes make my blood boil.,
The OP was about a big scoring over a big consistently with no defensive pressure.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:09 AM   #13
Pro

I tried everything in the book, looks like the CPU cannot contest the Hook Shot - I tried to set up CPU post defense to double on dribble, but it doesn't work.

User Offensive Sliders even on 0 and CPU defense at 100, and shot contest tendency at 100, you can still make the Post Hook or even a Fadeaway Shot from close distance on Very Late and Smothered.

They need to patch and nerf CPU defense for the paint because there is nothing we can really do, except maybe make a house rule to not dribble before executing the post hook, because its impossible to make the CPU stop you or for you to not drown a basket.

Let me know if you guys have any idea how to make the Post Hook shot not so effective.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:30 AM   #14
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

You should have probably established that you were speaking about offline/slliders...you got rec guys in here arguing with you, lol

As far as hooks. It has to be something in your slider set....maybe the inside success sliders. In general, on base sliders, its a tick on the herder side to get a simple hook to fall since that update in December (I think)
Old 05-24-2020, 09:58 AM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
You should have probably established that you were speaking about offline/slliders...you got rec guys in here arguing with you, lol

As far as hooks. It has to be something in your slider set....maybe the inside success sliders. In general, on base sliders, its a tick on the herder side to get a simple hook to fall since that update in December (I think)
I have my base sliders: Inside and Close at 40 with Defense Strength at 70 for Layups, and 55 for Jumpshots.

I tried putting the slider inside shot/close on 5, while raising the defense strength to 100. A few dribbles to get into a position and its automatic.

Not sure of another solution
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2020, 01:51 PM   #16
Rookie

MakePostGreatAgain's Arena

if there is a tendency attribute for sagging off in post defense i'd look to change that.

The AI takes a minute to react to constant post shots in some games in MyCareer, Myleague

Last edited by MakePostGreatAgain; 05-28-2020 at 05:19 PM. Reason: by a minute i mean a whole quarter

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »