Home

NBA 2K20 Simulation Basketball Wiki

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 Simulation Basketball Wiki within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-15-2020, 01:41 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 Simulation Basketball Wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
Yep, basically Play Now Online for people that want to play sim.If nothing else we can get a handle on what settings makes for a good online sim experience.
sounds great for me, as long as I dont have to actually play
Old 05-15-2020, 02:39 PM   #58
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
wow thats a really interesting read. thanks for that!

do you have an idea why this center gets called a ISO Play at the beginning of a quarter Thing only happens in offline Play? i have never ever seen that Happening in online Play.
It's ACE. That play call is completely out of our control.
Old 05-15-2020, 03:57 PM   #59
Rookie

youALREADYknow, What do you think about trying to reach somehow those people with suggestions to remove some features and add others?

Id really really like to have an option to turn that 2nd half ACE driving obsession off.

I watched a great game between Celtics and Bucks today, 1st half was all drive and kick, threes all over the place, maybe even too much...
But it was just beatiful to watch and fullfilling to see CelticLGs roster playing true and my defensive settings finally giving some results...

...and then the 2nd half started and everything just freakin disappeared!!

I will try to bypass this crap by lowering the ball handling slider to as low as needed, maybe that will keep the cpu from driving like a maniac, but I dunno anymore
Old 05-15-2020, 05:33 PM   #60
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedreanu
youALREADYknow, What do you think about trying to reach somehow those people with suggestions to remove some features and add others?

Id really really like to have an option to turn that 2nd half ACE driving obsession off.

I watched a great game between Celtics and Bucks today, 1st half was all drive and kick, threes all over the place, maybe even too much...
But it was just beatiful to watch and fullfilling to see CelticLGs roster playing true and my defensive settings finally giving some results...

...and then the 2nd half started and everything just freakin disappeared!!

I will try to bypass this crap by lowering the ball handling slider to as low as needed, maybe that will keep the cpu from driving like a maniac, but I dunno anymore
I’ve been pushing for years to get ACE options in the roster edit & MyLeague coaching menus, but it hasn’t been a priority for them.

Dropping Ball Handling to 0-5 will reduce the driving but I don’t like that solution since it introduces other problems. There are roster edits that fix the issue better IMO. It takes a lot of time to get Drive/Attack/Dish tendencies to play out the way you want this year. I’d drop Drive to 0 for most players, keep Attack below 50 & keep Dish above 50 for most players.

I’m almost ready to throw the towel in on 2K20 with how much ACE controls & the shooting/charging foul issues being so obvious.
Old 05-15-2020, 06:12 PM   #61
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I’ve been pushing for years to get ACE options in the roster edit & MyLeague coaching menus, but it hasn’t been a priority for them.

Dropping Ball Handling to 0-5 will reduce the driving but I don’t like that solution since it introduces other problems. There are roster edits that fix the issue better IMO. It takes a lot of time to get Drive/Attack/Dish tendencies to play out the way you want this year. I’d drop Drive to 0 for most players, keep Attack below 50 & keep Dish above 50 for most players.

I’m almost ready to throw the towel in on 2K20 with how much ACE controls & the shooting/charging foul issues being so obvious.
I have found that the foul sliders kind of playing the shooting foul issues.If you set Shooting Foul Tendency too high compared to Reaching Foul Tendency, players will almost never try to contest shots and will instead reach in for steal repeatedly.This can cause players to almost never actually commit a shooting foul because the CPU sticks with the "safer" option of going for steals.This also causes other issues as steal attempts can also trigger cut off animations and badges such as Clamps.

Setting Reaching Fouls just slightly higher than Shooting Fouls will make the CPU go for contests more.Ironically this tends to result in more shooting fouls(because the CPU is actually contesting more often instead of going for strips). I have found it doesn't hurt steal numbers much,if at all, since it just makes the CPU be more careful about when to reach in (in some cases it resulted in more realistic on ball steals)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2020, 09:35 PM   #62
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
It's ACE. That play call is completely out of our control.
Yeah but i have ACE activated in online Play, too, and still it does Not Happen There.
Old 05-16-2020, 08:12 AM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
I have found that the foul sliders kind of playing the shooting foul issues.If you set Shooting Foul Tendency too high compared to Reaching Foul Tendency, players will almost never try to contest shots and will instead reach in for steal repeatedly.This can cause players to almost never actually commit a shooting foul because the CPU sticks with the "safer" option of going for steals.This also causes other issues as steal attempts can also trigger cut off animations and badges such as Clamps.
I am confused. Reaching foul tendency, if I remember correctly, there is no such thing? You meant reaching foul slider, right?

I always have all foul sliders at 100 except shooting ones, they are a bit lower.

The best way to achieve more non-shoting fouls, reaching ones in particular, is to lower the ball handling SLIDER to cca 15, give every player an ENFORCER badge and lower the ball security to 0.

But this creates other problems, CPU cant create a thing with such low ball handling.

Last edited by Vedreanu; 05-16-2020 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-16-2020, 08:18 AM   #64
Rookie

Quote:

I dont know, mate, I've really tried almost everything. For sure there were some results with pushing everyone below 50 with FINNISH (attack the basket), but then again, points in the paint become obsolete. I also have a formula where every player need to have his DISH tend at least 5 points above his FINNISH tend. This gives some good results.

There is also a problem with many rosters (including ATD) where players have their floater, stepback, midrange-drive, close-drive values set to low, so driving layup prevails to much.

What do you think lowering the DRIVE tendency would achieve? I always thought "DRIVE" is the main parameter which also regulates the occurence of FINNISH behaviour.
In other words: if a player has his DRIVE tendency set to 100, he will use every possible opportunity to drive to the basket and DRIVE*FINNISH/100 would be the formula for "real" tendency for relentless driving to the rim, aka true finnishing.

But I also thought SHOOTING tendency acts this well too, as a denominator for other shooting sub-tendencies, but its clearly not the case. I tried with lowering SHOOTING tend for all players to ZERO, and nothing happened, the same players had the same behaviours.

I really dont know whats even the point of global SHOOTING tendency.

Last edited by Vedreanu; 05-16-2020 at 08:38 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »