Home

CPU and Green shots

This is a discussion on CPU and Green shots within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-26-2020, 02:28 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
CPU and Green shots

What is up with the greens the cpu shoots. I literally have went thru 12 straight possessions where the CPU shoots green shots even defended. Has anybody experienced this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2020, 04:00 PM   #2
Rookie

lockdownD's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: CPU and Green shots

It happens a lot this year. A big reason is because 2k's new shot contest and coverage system was dumbed down this year. Their whole defensive coverage % system if you pay attention to it, many times makes absolutely no sense. I regularly see under 20% coverage when people are heavily contested or smoothered. So it's no wonder there are way more green releases on defended shots.

Playing offline I would adjust the sliders to strengthen the defense contests a lot more. For online your basically screwed though unless you like arcade basketball.

They need to get rid of the whole green release thing IMO. It's become way too much of a focus in this game. It completely ruins any sort of suspense when either you or your opponent shoots the ball.

Last edited by lockdownD; 03-26-2020 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:15 PM   #3
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Something I just noticed for the first time the other day. Was even during pre game at the warm up line. They also have green released show up when the players are shooting. Seriously who's idea was this? If this comes back with no option. I'm done with this game.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2020, 06:39 PM   #4
Rookie

teknofilo's Arena

OVR: 0

There's a method to remove the green lights?
Old 03-26-2020, 07:00 PM   #5
Rookie

m29a's Arena

OVR: 0

No, I haven't seen it happen that often. They'll green release maybe 2-3 out of every 10 shots. I play on default superstar sliders. I don't play on hall of fame because I dislike the extra cheese tied to it. I also think the defensive coverage % is fine for the most part, even though it's not perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2020, 07:14 PM   #6
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by m29a
No, I haven't seen it happen that often. They'll green release maybe 2-3 out of every 10 shots. I play on default superstar sliders. I don't play on hall of fame because I dislike the extra cheese tied to it. I also think the defensive coverage % is fine for the most part, even though it's not perfect.
It still shows up too much on Superstar. If you want it in. There should be an option. Who wants to know a shot is going in before it even hits the room. What kind of bs is that?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2020, 11:16 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockdownD
It happens a lot this year. A big reason is because 2k's new shot contest and coverage system was dumbed down this year. Their whole defensive coverage % system if you pay attention to it, many times makes absolutely no sense. I regularly see under 20% coverage when people are heavily contested or smoothered. So it's no wonder there are way more green releases on defended shots.

Playing offline I would adjust the sliders to strengthen the defense contests a lot more. For online your basically screwed though unless you like arcade basketball.

They need to get rid of the whole green release thing IMO. It's become way too much of a focus in this game. It completely ruins any sort of suspense when either you or your opponent shoots the ball.
Thanks, im going to see if I can tweak the sliders a bit. What you said about the Green Releases being removed, I think that should happen as well. It does draw too much attention.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:18 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by m29a
Im playing Myleague and we are close to the ASG so, chemistry is likely high for all teams involved. But this has happened quite often all season. It just wasn't this steep.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »