Home

2K Cam vs Broadcast Cam

This is a discussion on 2K Cam vs Broadcast Cam within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-09-2019, 10:13 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
2K Cam vs Broadcast Cam

Hi all,

More and more people seem to be using broadcast cam, like myself. I know that ThaLiveKing has used it forever, as have I. But, I see more people open to switching to different variations of broadcast generic, or skybox, etc.

question is: What view do you play on, and why?

Personally for me, these are the reasons I have always played on broadcast cam:

1. It's how we watched the NBA our whole lives, every single "on tv" basketball memory is from that view. So when playing the game, I'd like to replicate that POV.

2. I have a better view of the baseline, and how close I am to another player. Say I am playing defense, I have a better view of how close I am to the offensive player (I can see the exact space between), and if I am driving baseline, I have a better view of how much space I have between myself, the defender and out of bounds. Same if posting up and I want to spin baseline, I have an overall better view of the spacing to execute a move. Defensively, this helps me sag off appropriately, or apply the right amount of pressure to contest shots or close out.

3. More steady camera - Consistent camera that doesn't bob and weave or move when making passes cross court, when changing possessions, etc.

4. Better view when in the paint or posting up - I can see the entire three point line, and almost up to half-court depending on how far I zoom out, normally I have zoom at 1, and I can see everything around me. This makes sense, because if I want to kick it out to an open shooter, I can see any and all players, and how open they are as well.

The beauty of 2K games, is that they offer the camera relative option for controls, as opposed to Live which only offers absolute controls. This makes it so when I am playing, my movement makes sense according to where the player is on the screen, it's ridiculously comfortable for me. I sent that over in my Live feedback, that they absolutely need camera relative controls, as they offer multiple broadcast camera views but don't have the controls to accommodate them.

Here are some of my favorite broadcast views:

Broadcast Generic
Zoom 1
Height 6
Key Zoom ON

Broadcast Generic
Zoom 1
Height 8
Key Zoom ON

Broadcast Generic
Zoom 2
Height 5
Key Zoom ON

Skybox
Zoom 10
Height 1
Key Zoom OFF

Here is an example of me playing on Broadcast Generic, with Zoom at 1, height at 6, and Key Zoom ON

An example in 2K17 of a classic broadcast generic view that emulates many of the 70's and 80's broadcast cams. This is Zoom: 3, Height 4, Key Zoom ON

I understand why people play on 2K cam, as they like being behind the player (Like they are playing), but for me it has to many frustrating aspects gameplay wise (Like I mentioned above), and it's not a 1st person view, it's a 3rd person view, so it's not like you are actually playing. For any mode, I choose broadcast. However, as many know I do not play online or do mycareer, and I have noticed that some people for those modes use 3rd person, and switch to broadcast for offline NBA gameplay.

No right or wrong way to play, but those are the reasons why I play on broadcast. What are the reasons you play on the camera view you play on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2019, 10:29 AM   #2
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: 2K Cam vs Broadcast Cam

TV broadcast for offline and broadcast generic zoomed all the way out for online. I just switched for online....I played 2k cam for awhile but I just found myself getting bored while playing.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2019, 10:32 AM   #3
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

Broadcast, I grew up on it, I prefer cause it seems more realistic/close to what I see on TV and thatīs important to me. But I understand guys who play on 2k cam, my friend prefers it so every time he comes over we have to switch to it because he says he canīt play on broadcast.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:47 AM   #4
Rookie

Skybox Zoom 9, Height 5 has been what I've been using this year.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:16 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
Broadcast, I grew up on it, I prefer cause it seems more realistic/close to what I see on TV and thatīs important to me. But I understand guys who play on 2k cam, my friend prefers it so every time he comes over we have to switch to it because he says he canīt play on broadcast.
The mention of local multiplayer play, made my day.

More and more people are playing (or pushed to) play online, but nothing beats local play with family or friends. Some of my best memories in life have been made by local play gaming with my two brothers. The battles, emotions, laughs. Etc. So fun.

Every weekend the three of us get together and play locally against eachother on various 2Ks. We will probably continue to do that until we physically cant play anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2019, 12:22 PM   #6
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDee4Three

More and more people are playing (or pushed to) play online, but nothing beats local play with family or friends. Some of my best memories in life have been made by local play gaming with my two brothers. The battles, emotions, laughs. Etc. So fun.

Every weekend the three of us get together and play locally against eachother on various 2Ks. We will probably continue to do that until we physically cant play anymore.
Oh yeah, and the trash talk is the best part of it haha. We were playing 2k19 and I picked the Knicks and he was the Warriors, with KD, and I won, there was no end to it, I was like man I donīt know which team should I play with for you to have chance.
Old 10-09-2019, 04:57 PM   #7
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

I've been a broadcast player since 2K first dropped on Dreamcast, I don't recall if it was referred to as "Side Cam" or broadcast but gave it that on TV or sitting in the stands feel. . . I sometimes switch-it-up to 2K cam depending on who's at my house playing, we settle ALL that with a coin toss. . .

I'm sure there will be some in this thread that will dispute the differences between the camera views but at the end of the day, it's ALL about personal preference(s) and what works best for each individual gamer. I mainly 2K offline . . .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2019, 08:56 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDee4Three

Me too bro, that bonding indoors is legit. Me with my bro-in-law, we play with different teams. Me with my nephew, we play on the same team. You're right bout the laughs, emotions, winning moments, losing drastically to AI's. Fun part is, we try to imitate our game to real life, and the laughs continues.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »