Home

Man... how important ARE badges?

This is a discussion on Man... how important ARE badges? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-16-2019, 09:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Man... how important ARE badges?

So I don't have a TON of time to play... wife with a night job, two kids, my own job... and I don't have much time to grind. But the last few nights I've gone to the Park and gotten absolutely SMASHED... I'm an 89 center with like 6 badges, and I've run into low 90s guys with 20, 25 badges, and I've struggled to do anything against them. It's been just brutal. Not sure if it has just been a few rough nights in a row, or if I'm starting to see the gap of badges, which will only get worse as people get more and I don't.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2019, 10:04 AM   #2
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Man... how important ARE badges?

Thought is, between the badge grind and the glitchers, we are dead in the water. Barely have time to play and hate playing cpu in my career. Playing just park tho, I won’t be able to level up fast enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2019, 01:31 PM   #3
MVP

tru11's Arena

the most important quite frankly since plenty of animations are stuck behind them.....
Old 09-16-2019, 01:37 PM   #4
Rookie

BasketBalla21's Arena

Badges have become more important than ratings. I think 2k is trying to shift to a badge based system gradually and end up with the same kind of layout as All-Pro Football.

A lot of the badges and ratings clash already so if they could just clean up the excess everything could be neater.

What point is there of interior defense if post lockdown exists? What point is there of pass accuracy if needle threader exists? etc.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:44 PM   #5
Pro

Badges are ridiculous. The worst gimmick this franchise has seen. Skill of a player should be tied into their rating(s), an abundance of ratings that make-up a player.

For instance, distinguishing Steph Curry from Ray Allen. Both are terrific 3-point players, so just give them adequate ratings to match their likeness.

Why need Deadeye when we have a Shot Contest Rating? If your 3PT shot contest rating is a 99, you’re deadeye- plain and simple. Now giving Deadeye to someone who has 63 3PT Shot Contest- isn’t that silly?

We need the ability to turn off badge influences for the offline community.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2019, 01:49 PM   #6
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketBalla21
Badges have become more important than ratings. I think 2k is trying to shift to a badge based system gradually and end up with the same kind of layout as All-Pro Football.

A lot of the badges and ratings clash already so if they could just clean up the excess everything could be neater.

What point is there of interior defense if post lockdown exists? What point is there of pass accuracy if needle threader exists? etc.
This...

I don't mind badges, but it's clearly tipping towards badges being absolutely necessary. Remember when they were introduced for the purpose of separating stars from 'average' players? Now you need them to be playable as many things that were just a part of a players makeup (e.g. jump shot at a respectable release speed) are hidden behind badges (e.g. quick draw).
Old 09-16-2019, 02:05 PM   #7
Rookie

It's interesting to me that I always feel like the game plays best in the first few days, before anyone gets badges...
Old 09-16-2019, 02:10 PM   #8
Rookie

BasketBalla21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordash31
It's interesting to me that I always feel like the game plays best in the first few days, before anyone gets badges...
Definitely. Dudes were STRUGGLING without handle for days() and quick draw. It was funny while it lasted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »