Home

The 1 v 1 Court is an Atrocity

This is a discussion on The 1 v 1 Court is an Atrocity within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-01-2019, 01:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The 1 v 1 Court is an Atrocity

What a shame.

Literally every single player is a 7'3 Pure Post/Slashing Post.

It would be one thing if it was post players putting in work, like david robinson and hakeem battling on the block, but theres basically 2 strategies:

Backdown, pumpfake for 14 seconds until they can trigger a favorable layup animation. Dont jump? Its a bucket. Jump? Its an offensive rebound.

Or

Backdown/disengage cheese, where players use the disengage speed boost by repeatedly tapping L2. It puts you in a box where they either get a dunk when you try to get closer, either from the speed boost or from an instant spin, or you prevent the drive and the 7'3 slashing post hits a 17 foot hop fadeaway.

Thats without even getting into the ridiculousness of making post takeover essentially 'no offensive fouls mode.'

Its a shame, because I have alot of fun on the rare occasions i play against a different archetype, or even against a 7'3 pure post who plays with some integrity.

Im a 6'11 rim protector primary, shot creator secondary, so i still get some dubz, and figuring out tendencies and counters and counters to counters is a blast (awesome place to work on triple threat moves,dribble combos, when to use stepbacks etc.) - just wish when I lost i felt more often i was losing to really awesome 1 on 1 players, not people who figured out how to break the game.

Maybe add 3 in the key as a start?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2019, 04:58 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The 1 v 1 Court is an Atrocity

Instead of one 1v1 court, they need like 5 so that there's variety and options.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »