Home

New shot contest update

This is a discussion on New shot contest update within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-25-2019, 07:33 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
New shot contest update

https://twitter.com/mambamo_/status/...899466753?s=21
https://twitter.com/snubby21/status/...715507200?s=21

Without condoning, nor condemning, the new update, I would just like to say this:

Since so many are happy about the new shot contest system/logic with 60 rated contests having this much impact vs 86+ shooting, I want those people to keep that same energy when a 60 rated steal is constantly plucking their 86+ ballhandling guard.

That is all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2019, 07:49 PM   #2
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: New shot contest update

The steals already happen lmao. Get a rebound and Manute Bol will rip your player before the camera finishes turning. 2k19 is all about spamming things with little to no consequence.

Spam steal in the open court
Spam jump when you're beaten in the post
Spam steal after a defensive rebound
Spam pnr until either the AI bugs out and leaves someone open or the other player gets sucked into a screen animation

Etc.

Putting in unrealistic shot contests ala 2k17-18 is the least of the unrealistic BS in the game. It at least will allow for layups to be higher percentage than contested 3's now
Old 01-25-2019, 07:55 PM   #3
MVP

Oh I know the steals happen. I just don’t want to hear anymore complaining about it after this update is all. If Mr T-Rex arms with a 60 rated shot contest can completely disrupt a shooter like he’s Scottie Pippen, then they should keep that energy when a Pure Sharp is ripping their Playmaker like Gary Payton. 🤷🏾*♂️
Old 01-25-2019, 07:55 PM   #4
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3

While reserving judgment on the contest til I play hands on, I will say that I’d consider those bad shots. Range wise, after movement, and with a defender in the vicinity. The curry one maybe slightly less so, because he’s curry.

If this is what it takes to force smarter shots being rewarded then I’m all for it. I was under the impression that lightly contested means elite shooters should still be doing some damage. Would be curious as to how many out of ten of those curry shots actually drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2019, 08:04 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxpinke
While reserving judgment on the contest til I play hands on, I will say that I’d consider those bad shots. Range wise, after movement, and with a defender in the vicinity. The curry one maybe slightly less so, because he’s curry.

If this is what it takes to force smarter shots being rewarded then I’m all for it. I was under the impression that lightly contested means elite shooters should still be doing some damage. Would be curious as to how many out of ten of those curry shots actually drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heh I tried it a little earlier with my 6’10 Pure Lock. I don’t really have to do anything anymore to completely screw a shooter up. Just my presence alone works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2019, 08:50 PM   #6
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Sadly I'm ok with it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2019, 02:09 AM   #7
Rookie

Curry won't sink 80% of his 3's just cuz Fournier is on his a$$
Old 01-26-2019, 05:18 AM   #8
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

It’s a LIGHT contest. Light contests aren’t going to impact shot success much. The only problem would be if those start registering as fully contested shots.

Is this change only for players behind the shooter or also for anyone in front of the shooter? NBA defines “open” as 4+ feet of space so that’s a lot of space in 2K where every defender crowds the ball handler. If they want to balance contests, then it would be nice to see more blow by animations and less recovery so defenders are forced to back up a bit.

Last edited by youALREADYknow; 01-26-2019 at 05:36 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »