Home

Pure Lockdown = Easy Mode

This is a discussion on Pure Lockdown = Easy Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-05-2018, 09:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pure Lockdown = Easy Mode

Lol just to continue the trend about OP builds.. How about we focus on this one next...

So my buddy just used his rebirth on a SF 6'10 pure lockdown... OMG 2K what are you thinking? This thing is CRAZY OP!!

I played like 3 games with him in Park, I didnt even have to do anything. Hes 89 ovr with max badges getting turnover after turnover. I had to literally drive to his house to get my hands on that build just to see what it feels like..

No one is scoring on pure lockdown unless u get lucky, you dont even have to contest, you just need to be in the area of the shooter and its a brick. If I press the steal button.. its a steal! And as a Pure Sharp I hate seeing Lockdowns cus when you face them your badges dont matter at all. It doesnt matter what there offensive skill is when your getting dunks on a fastbreak every other possession. Whats your expierence playing against or with this build? Im convinced this build takes minimal skill to be 'good'.

Should 2K remove pure builds completely?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2018, 12:37 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Pure Lockdown = Easy Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated2389
Lol just to continue the trend about OP builds.. How about we focus on this one next...

So my buddy just used his rebirth on a SF 6'10 pure lockdown... OMG 2K what are you thinking? This thing is CRAZY OP!!

I played like 3 games with him in Park, I didnt even have to do anything. Hes 89 ovr with max badges getting turnover after turnover. I had to literally drive to his house to get my hands on that build just to see what it feels like..

No one is scoring on pure lockdown unless u get lucky, you dont even have to contest, you just need to be in the area of the shooter and its a brick. If I press the steal button.. its a steal! And as a Pure Sharp I hate seeing Lockdowns cus when you face them your badges dont matter at all. It doesnt matter what there offensive skill is when your getting dunks on a fastbreak every other possession. Whats your expierence playing against or with this build? Im convinced this build takes minimal skill to be 'good'.

Should 2K remove pure builds completely?
Lol. I Told You about these defenders while i was crying about the OP rebounders and sharps.

Pure lockdown are not real. lol. As you've stated. they dont have to do JACK. just run around close to people and watch all the spazzing the offensive players do and watch them drop the ball, blow layups over and over no matter what their guy is rated.

I missed 2 layups and a dunk in one possession with my rebounding athletic last night. who's layups,dunks, contact dunks are all above 90 + boosts and badges. lol. it was comedy. I faked the guy out, he went one way. i went the other. blown layup. i got my own rebound. faked the pass out went back in for a reverse. it wiggled around the rim....around the rim...around the rim. rim out. another player gets it back. blows a layup. i get it again. up fake. step thru. DUNK. blown dunk. i just stopped. i was like wow 2k really. and this guy was rated an 87. i bet he doesnt even have his defensive badges on full hall of fame yet.

But pure defenders have always been sorted OP. or at least cpu controlled. meaning you dont have to do much but stand close to people or semi close to where a pass may come and the pass will automatically go to you. you dont need to push steal or anything. it will warp to your hands. I can't stand that. What part of stick skills is that? it aint.

But again 2ks foundation for this game is completely unrealistic which is why it opens up for these unrealistic archetypes.

In what world is a defender making an offensive player do weird stuff in real life? Never. unless the defender knows witch craft.

A defender can't make you move weird just by standing there. Perhaps you the offensive player will move weird on your own from fear of what this defender may do to you if you keep approaching him. That is true. but notice a key thing there. i said the offensive player may CHOOSE to move weird. Not the other way around. this means a defender on 2k if being realistic should not cause weird animations at all. because no other person can cause you to move differently without bumping you, pushing you , etc. if there is no actual contact you dont have to move at all. its up to you with the ball to do something.

no one is going to miss a shot just because Rudy G is standing 5 feet away from the action. but in 2k 5 feet = 2 inches when it comes to defenders.

and again, NO they should not remove pure builds. they need to fix the foundation of the game so when they create these builds they wont be OP they will just have the tools to succeed much easier at what they're good at.

Give a thin/leight weight pure Defenders, Quicker Hands for steals and more accuracy when swiping at the ball. which means they can get away with more swipes that will result in tips or steals than a non pure. the less of a defender you are, the more likely you are to get called for a foul when you reach because your hands are not as quick and your accuracy to touch the ball is no where near a defenders.

They should give defenders Quicker hops(they already do this). and make sure their shot blocking hand is more accurate to hitting the ball than a non defenders. meaning when a pure jumps to block it. he has a much higher chance of blocking the shot, than a non defender. a non defender should get called for more fouls on attempted blocks than a pure if they are taking the same amt of shot block attempts into consideration.

a defender should be really strong on post defense if he's a big guy. meaning it should be harder to back a defender down if he's a big or if it's a small vs a small trying to do a back down move.

defenders should be able to take charges at a higher rate because their players react to the button push much quicker and seldom drift left or right while taking said charge.

Defenders should get away with more body up contact without being called for fouls as much. they should more or less be real rough players that bump and bruise you to death all game with not a ton of fouls called. Unless they do it way to often. this means non defenders should get called for a lot more fouls in these same situations/scenarios.

^^THIS is how you create the proper foundation for a pure Defender. you dont have to nerf it and get rid of it. FIX IT.

But again, it looks like it aint broken to 2k. which means they wont fix it. which means 2k is an arcadey version of basketball. and nothing will change that fact.

Last edited by splashmountain; 12-05-2018 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:25 PM   #3
Pro

I’m not a huge fan of their “proximity effect” but I think they’re mostly fine. If they’re scoring on anything but the fast break against you (not the OP specifically but anyone really), you probably need to “gut gud” as the kids say.

It doesn’t appear like it should be very hard to play but I regularly see ones that try to do way too much and still end up getting lit up. A well played one can certainly be a pain though. I don’t think they’re OP, however.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:03 PM   #4
Pro

Pure Locks changed the game this year lol. Definitely an easy build to use. They're not a liability on offense either as they can shoot much better this year than they did last year. Steal success is super high and like you stated you don't have to contest for someone to brick. Crazy build.

Every single time I run up against one there's always a lot of steal spam going on. If you're a PG in Comp PRO AM you're highly likely to have a lockdown on you the entire game.

Last edited by Korrupted; 12-05-2018 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:44 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
I’m not a huge fan of their “proximity effect” but I think they’re mostly fine. If they’re scoring on anything but the fast break against you (not the OP specifically but anyone really), you probably need to “gut gud” as the kids say.

It doesn’t appear like it should be very hard to play but I regularly see ones that try to do way too much and still end up getting lit up. A well played one can certainly be a pain though. I don’t think they’re OP, however.
thrust, you do think they're op. you just dont want to say those words because you like the game as it is. a cartoonish version of basketball.

You just admitted to their proximity effect. that alone makes them O...P. There is nothing realistic about that proximity effect. yet its in their build. why? to give them an extra BOOST as if they were in a cartoon. that = OP.

When you dont have to do anything and you can just stand around and not really touch the sticks. you know the arch is OP. you already admitted to it. lol, yalll see how it goes now. you will have people trying not to admit the obvious when they already have actually admitted as much in their own post. lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2018, 06:58 PM   #6
Banned

Yes lets just remove pure builds altogether. While you’re at it lets also remove the net from the basket. Also, lets just remove shooting in its entire form. From now on there will be no more shooting button. You will only be allowed to lay the ball up. NO DUNKS EITHER!! The only way to score will be a 1v5 layup contested over the whole team. Lets get rid of blocks, steals, out of bounds calls. And the only way to get a foul call is if you flagrant foul thats the only foul you can get called for.

I swear instead of finding ways to improve the game, everyone is quick to yell “LETS REMOVE THIS, LETS REMOVE THAT” this is just sickening what this entire board has come to just a bunch of crybabies that want everything THEIR way and ONLY their way.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:25 PM   #7
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Once again, everything in this game is exaggerated. The best NBA defenders don't average 6 steals a game, and you can do that without a defensive build.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:23 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
thrust, you do think they're op. you just dont want to say those words because you like the game as it is. a cartoonish version of basketball.

You just admitted to their proximity effect. that alone makes them O...P. There is nothing realistic about that proximity effect. yet its in their build. why? to give them an extra BOOST as if they were in a cartoon. that = OP.

When you dont have to do anything and you can just stand around and not really touch the sticks. you know the arch is OP. you already admitted to it. lol, yalll see how it goes now. you will have people trying not to admit the obvious when they already have actually admitted as much in their own post. lol.
Lmao like the game as it is!?! Whatttt?! I’ve posted more videos and evidence on the brokenness of inside scoring and the overpoweredness of outside shooting than anyone in this entire forum probably. I literally created a YouTube account just to highlight how unbalanced this game is. I have a thread with like 40 videos in it and over 10 pages of comments.

There are issues with a lot of builds in this game, bro. Lockdowns are by no means perfect and I clearly stated I don’t like their proximity defense. But when I see a Lockdown on the other team, I’m not like “Oh wow. Game over.” Yes they can effectively remove an offensive player from the game if played even mediocrely well. On the other hand, they’re stupid easy to keep off the score sheet as well except on the fast break. It’s a good build and it’s probably too easy to play well but it doesn’t spill into OP for me. You’re free to feel otherwise. I’m probably more selective in where I use that term. I’ve played very few games where a Lockdown was the major deciding factor in whether a game was won or lost.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »