Home

CPU Players/Teams Not Playing Like Real Life

This is a discussion on CPU Players/Teams Not Playing Like Real Life within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-26-2018, 07:29 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
CPU Players/Teams Not Playing Like Real Life

Noticing too many cpu players/teams not playing like themselves when playing the cpu.

Ben Simmons is super aggressive hunting shots and shooting 20 foot fade aways. Simmons averaged 12 shots a game last year yet cpu Simmons is taking that many shots in the 1st qtr.

Giannis is a cross between Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain, Teen Wolf, and Usain Bolt.

Teams that played at a slow pace like the Kings and Bucks play super fast. Showtime Lakers fast.

Many teams do not move the ball. A lot of zero pass, dribble, dribble, hunt for a shot against good defense and get rewarded at the end of the shot clock with a make. This happens way too much especially with back up guards.

Zero teams play body up pressure swipe at the basketball defense 100% of the time for 48 minutes. That's the dumbest thing the devs put in the game. It bares zero resemblance to basketball. Period. Bad look.

Hugging players from behind and sticking to them is a foul. Not good defense. Sorry.

Zach Randolph cannot chase down block Isaiah Thomas.

Not every player has an array of low post pump fakes, step throughs, and up and unders. Yet any scrub guard can get to the paint and go full on Kevin McHale.

Even really fast good defenders cannot outrun a pass. I promise you. Yet you can have 2 steps on a defender and while the ball is in the air that defender can run past you and be in front of you in good defensive position before you catch the ball. After you catch the ball and start to dribble sure. But outrunning the pass? Nah.

I think the cpu is overemphasizing finding a favorable matchup vs playing to tendencies. Giannis and Simmons are mismatches because of their size and skillset. But they play so out of character that it makes them near impossible to defend. You can't sag off because they eat up any space you give them by just gliding, sliding, past you or into your body.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2018, 07:37 PM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: CPU Players/Teams Not Playing Like Real Life

in mycareer it’s better this year . Players who are scorers play like themselves a lot. Lockdowns too.

I do agree though that playmakers like Simmons aren’t playing like themselves .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-26-2018, 07:39 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Stop playing on rookie mode. I can tell 100% you’re playing on rookie because last night i played against rockets on superstar and The man James Harden would literally make all his shots and CP3 was playing like himself. Everytime i would bring the double to harden, he would see the court and pass it well. Corner 3s and everything. Won the game by only 1 point. So idk wat your talking about
Old 09-26-2018, 08:05 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchyNscratchy
Stop playing on rookie mode. I can tell 100% you’re playing on rookie because last night i played against rockets on superstar and The man James Harden would literally make all his shots and CP3 was playing like himself. Everytime i would bring the double to harden, he would see the court and pass it well. Corner 3s and everything. Won the game by only 1 point. So idk wat your talking about
Ummmm Ok. You're 100% wrong in suggesting the mode I play on. But you are all knowing apparently. And you don't have to know what I'm talking about. Because I do.

That being said, sure some players play like themselves. Some are better represented. But playmakers that dribble out the clock and look for their own shots all game happens in this game. Plain and simple.

I play primarily on All-Star. If I'm playing with the Rockets, Warriors, or surprisingly the Lakers I can kill the cpu on SS. Playing as a lesser team or a team without a superstar is tough on All-Star for me.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:08 PM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Sounds like some editing needs to be done. But thats the beauty of having full customization. Its at your finger tips. If Simmons is shooting too much then lower his shot Tendency. Oh and I agree with you. He is shooting too mich and The Process aint shooting enough.

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 09-26-2018 at 08:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2018, 08:16 PM   #6
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Not sure if OP is talking about my career or another mode, but here are some of Simmons' tendencies.

All should be at 0, or very close to.

Mid range 5
Mid range spot up 40
Mid range off screens 30
Sput up 3s 5
Off screen 3s 5
Contested mid range 25
Contested 3s 5
Step back back mid range 35
Pull mid range off drive 10
Old 09-26-2018, 08:22 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Sounds like some editing needs to be done. But thats the beauty of having full customization. Its at your finger tips. If Simmons is shooting too much then lower his shot Tendency. Oh and I agree with you. He is shooting too mich and The Process aint shooting enough.
Yeah they barely get the ball to Embiid.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:25 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Not sure if OP is talking about my career or another mode, but here are some of Simmons' tendencies.

All should be at 0, or very close to.

Mid range 5
Mid range spot up 40
Mid range off screens 30
Sput up 3s 5
Off screen 3s 5
Contested mid range 25
Contested 3s 5
Step back back mid range 35
Pull mid range off drive 10
So far I've played play now games because I usually wait for the first big patch because the game is usually so different after the patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »