Home

3 Fouls = Penalty in PNO?

This is a discussion on 3 Fouls = Penalty in PNO? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-17-2018, 05:40 PM   #1
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
3 Fouls = Penalty in PNO?

Someone mentioned it in another thread....and while I think certain things (like 6 foul disqualification) should probably remain the same. I support this. We play less than half of a real NBA game so going with 3 fouls is out of whack. A team going into the penalty on the 3rd foul would be more accurately scaled to 5 min quarters and could also serve to alter much of the cheesy behavior we see online--or else they would watch a parade to the FT line.

What say you all?

Last edited by Kushmir; 09-17-2018 at 05:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2018, 10:18 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: 3 Fouls = Penalty in PNO?

I agree it would help combat the steal spammers but only if they can fix my ai defenders reaching to foul when there is no reason to do so. I hate playing 22 seconds of great defense and then watching an AI player fly in out of nowhere and foul.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:33 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

Foul out should be 5 as there is not enough natural fouls happening on the court and also 3 to the line would be nicer.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:03 PM   #4
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Even tho I know you're right for some reason I hesitate to change the foul out to scale. Screw it--they should go ahead and do it.

OAN: Foul-outs are rare but I do have one this year. Embiid went to work on Capela (this guy kept reaching) and caught him napping in transition for his 6th.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:40 PM   #5
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Even tho I know you're right for some reason I hesitate to change the foul out to scale. Screw it--they should go ahead and do it.

OAN: Foul-outs are rare but I do have one this year. Embiid went to work on Capela (this guy kept reaching) and caught him napping in transition for his 6th.
I wouldn't really call that napping in transition. That pass should've been stolen or knocked away by the ai or sailed out of bounds because Embiid wasn't really open imo.

Oh.. but, no i don't like the idea.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2018, 01:13 PM   #6
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
I wouldn't really call that napping in transition. That pass should've been stolen or knocked away by the ai or sailed out of bounds because Embiid wasn't really open imo.

Oh.. but, no i don't like the idea.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Ummm....yes and no. I agree with you that the AI SHOULD BE turned/facing the ball before half-court and the pass should be an easy deflection out of bounds or a steal. That said, in current gameplay when you see the other center in trail position like that? Thats open. If you have a good passer he'll make that throw. He'll have some overthrows but definitely its a pass they can make.

Yeah I wrestled with it too,but in the end I decided fitting gameplay and mechanics to scale is important.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »