Home

Anyone else finds 2k18 to be too easy?

This is a discussion on Anyone else finds 2k18 to be too easy? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-25-2018, 11:02 AM   #1
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

OVR: 0
Anyone else finds 2k18 to be too easy?

Hi, let me say I've been playing 2k since 2k9 and have been buying it on a release day ever since, I have been a huge fan, but I got to admit this year's version is probably the easiest 2k I have ever played, that is, I think AI, in terms of how challenging it is, is one of the worst.

I remember playing 2k11 and thinking about my upcoming game in the playoffs during the day in the real life, because it was genuinly challenging and I had to have a certain strategy to win it, and when I did, i felt like I achieved something. This year, I rarely have that feeling. CPU's defense is terrible, I have no trouble scoring against CPU, 1 on 1 defense is like playing on one of the lowest difficulties, it's too easy to go past your defender, Pick and Roll defense is also reall bad, I can abuse it any way I want. And I wouldn't also call CPU's offense advanced in any way, I really don't have trouble stopping them, regardless of the strenght of the team I am playing against.

My brother, who doesn't really knows basketball, doesn't follow it, watch it or play it, he likes it and win more often that not on default superstar playing with the Mavs. I remember in older 2k games I played on all star or superstar if i really wanted a hard game, but hall of fame was practically unbeatable. Now I play on hall of fame, trying to boost some of CPU's sliders and still find the game relatively easy.

This game should definetly be more challenging, for me, if there is no challenge, there is no fun, I don't want to try to play "realistically" just because CPU is bad, I want to play genuinly to beat my opponent, like my brother is playing, he doesn't think hm I shouldn't be able to run with Zaza past Jimmy Butler so I won't do it because it's unrealistic, he wants to beat the game, just imagine like you do it when you are playing GTA or COD, or like I felt when i was playing older 2Ks. I don't want brick wall defense, but damn it, it's not worse than be able to run past almost everybody with almost everybody.

I know 2k won't really care, I mean, we are having ads for VC in the game now, I am playing with the Spurs against the Wolves and there is a sign buy 70000 VC, are you kidding me. 2k built themselves a great reputation, they are still considered maybe the best sports game on the market and i believe they will still be called that in the near future but man this money greed is really annoying.

I tried LIVE 18, and while it has it's flaws, franchise mode is unplayable, challenge is there, defense is much better, I feel like i have to put in some work to win, and if there will be LIVE 19, this fall will be the first time in 10 years that I will not automatically buy 2k on it's release date.

I don't want this post to be looked at as some sort of a rant, it is in a way, but my purpose it to make people aware and remind them that there was a version of 2k that was a great offline game with a great, realistic, challenging gameplay, something that made me love it. I will always remember that championship run with the Spurs in 2k11, felt really great and felt like a big achievement, I've had much fun with 2k during the years, maybe I, as a mostly offline game, am becoming sort of a old school center in a modern game, obsolete.

Last edited by Johnnythelegend; 02-25-2018 at 11:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2018, 12:30 PM   #2
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Re: Anyone else finds 2k18 to be too easy?

No. I'm having a blast. Just play Live 18, man. It sounds like that gives you the challenge you want so just play that and look forward to Live 19.
Old 02-25-2018, 12:56 PM   #3
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

I played live 10 but played 2k demos around that time but i switched to 2k i think 2k10 and monitoring the evolution of live its still something disastrous to be honest ....

Its 2018 and the game still looks bad and is too clunky and unnatural so NO live wont get my money i hope 2k will step up the AI side and defense and ill be satisfied.
Old 02-25-2018, 01:26 PM   #4
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I think pro am is too easy . Can’t speak for everything else . But shooting shouldn’t be this high.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 02-25-2018, 01:29 PM   #5
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler79
I played live 10 but played 2k demos around that time but i switched to 2k i think 2k10 and monitoring the evolution of live its still something disastrous to be honest ....

Its 2018 and the game still looks bad and is too clunky and unnatural so NO live wont get my money i hope 2k will step up the AI side and defense and ill be satisfied.
Yeah. Thats about where I am. Not to get too far off track but that game still has a lot of issues to iron out. I'd grab if for 10 bucks just for variety but it's no where near a 60$ purchase. But people enjoy it as their main hoops game so more power to them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2018, 04:04 PM   #6
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I think pro am is too easy . Can’t speak for everything else . But shooting shouldn’t be this high.
Well... If they'd left it like day 1 kids would have stopped playing. They didn't even make it a week this year before the first shooting tuning. I would have loved to play that game all year. Contested layups missed, wide open shots bricked. And my slasher was a god. Now everyone's a pure sharp again when NO ONE was a pure the first week.
Old 02-25-2018, 06:31 PM   #7
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Well... If they'd left it like day 1 kids would have stopped playing. They didn't even make it a week this year before the first shooting tuning. I would have loved to play that game all year. Contested layups missed, wide open shots bricked. And my slasher was a god. Now everyone's a pure sharp again when NO ONE was a pure the first week.
wait, so you really just wanted your player to dominate and be able to get away with whatever, and everyone else's players struggle and not play well?
Old 02-25-2018, 10:12 PM   #8
Banned

- Theres always sliders if you only play vs CPU
- Thats why people like playing online is the human competiton.
- I think 2K18 is too easy as far as it rewards low iq basketball too much ie Limitless Range badge rewards unrealistic and bad shots.

There needs to be more of a skill gap

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »