Home

PLEASE Fix Player Tendancies in MC

This is a discussion on PLEASE Fix Player Tendancies in MC within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-23-2017, 11:43 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
PLEASE Fix Player Tendancies in MC

Before you flame me, I am not talking about PG dunking. I couldn’t care less about dunking as a PG. This is about overtuning player tendancies such as Westbrook and other glaring issues with predictable CPU habits.

I play HOF only. I need the difficulty and I love how the game is more realistic with scoring now. Gone are the 50 point 20 assist games even with 12 minute quarters if you want to play right. However, there are still CPU actions that are frustratingly questionable and predictable. Players randomly switching on defense for no reason (and I play with defense call-outs option so it can’t be myself not following correctly), defense randomly dropping an amazing 3pt shooter (broken tendancies from the new “let a bad shooter take the shot”) and the worst problem — players like Westbrook chucking endlessly.

Now, hold the Westbrook comments because I’ve heard them all. I’m not the biggest advocate of his constant shoot first mindset and stat stuffing extravaganza. But he does not play like he does in 2K. I’m on OKC as a combo PG (playmaker / shot creator) and I was hoping they would move Westbrook to SG. Instead, I start as a SG but they rotate us well enough. However, every single play Westbrook will run the ball up or even break up a play, back up his defender and take a post fadeaway jump shot. Every. Single. Time.

I don’t even mind him running into 4 players and getting abused. But the constant oblivious actions no matter how cold he is ruins the experience.

No, I don’t lose. In fact, I have been winning since I’m a starter. I know how to play so keep those comments to yourself because difficulty is not my issue. Take a look at our recent win:

https://imgur.com/a/IeGvP

As you can see he just keeps shooting and plays terrible with terrible Fg%
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 12:48 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: PLEASE Fix Player Tendancies in MC

2k NEVER get player tendencies right!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2017, 12:58 PM   #3
Rookie

yungmeaks's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm with this guy. Tendencies are atrocious and seriously need some tweaking. I can't believe Mike Muscala is making 2-3pt'rs a game, let alone ATTEMPTING them. And don't even get me started on player tendencies to run straight to the rim and throw up fade away jumpers on the fastbreak for no ****ing reason. Ugh
Old 09-23-2017, 01:57 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungmeaks
I'm with this guy. Tendencies are atrocious and seriously need some tweaking. I can't believe Mike Muscala is making 2-3pt'rs a game, let alone ATTEMPTING them. And don't even get me started on player tendencies to run straight to the rim and throw up fade away jumpers on the fastbreak for no ****ing reason. Ugh
mike muscala shot 41.8% from 3 last year on 1.6 attempts a game last year and made 1.8 threes per 100 possessions, what are you on about mate
Old 09-23-2017, 02:15 PM   #5
Pro

The fast break thing is another glaring issue. Players on the break will simply shoot or force no matter what especially if it’s a team that scored a lot of fast break points the years prior. This is clearly tendancies based on 2016/2017 season.

Tendancies also prioritize over a running play. Running a beautiful play with people open will be broken up if a player with the ball has a tendancie to shoot. This is fine but not when he ignores how well he’s being defended.

I don’t know if it’s a mix of MC tweaks to try and get your team shooting / acting more on their own on top of tendancies due to previous years of MC teammates doing nothing with the ball as it doesn’t seem to effect the CPU as much (even though it still does).

It’s things like this that make me frustrated with 2K. They focused so much on new VC sinks and less time polishing the things that matter. No NBA socks on alternate jerseys, inability to edit/layer tattoos after they’re inked, buggy interfaces, cannot view haircuts before paying, unbalanced archeatypes and the list goes on. All the thing we should have had for years and begged for they now charge for.

However, I think the sim part of the game took a step in the right directions and all of these issues could have been forgiven if they didn’t butcher tendancies so much.

I paid $150 for this game due to the growing importance of VC and bonuses. It’s frustrating to see they’re continuously focused on gauging over gameplay.

Last edited by Crookid; 09-23-2017 at 02:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 03:49 PM   #6
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

I am just upset Derozan won't shoot a 3 for nothing. I know he's a midrange guy but he'll shoot wide open 3s sometimes. He will only shoot it when the shot clock is going down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 09-23-2017, 08:55 PM   #7
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid

Take a look at our recent win:

https://imgur.com/a/IeGvP

As you can see he just keeps shooting and plays terrible with terrible Fg%

Not saying I agree with how he got there (post fadeaways), but looking at the stats alone, that’s not unrealistic. He averaged 10-24 last season from the field, so 9-25 isn’t a stretch.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:57 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I am just upset Derozan won't shoot a 3 for nothing. I know he's a midrange guy but he'll shoot wide open 3s sometimes. He will only shoot it when the shot clock is going down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah as a raptor fan I can tell you this is realistic. The guy only shoots 3's as the clock runs down or if he's wide open in the corner. He rarely shoots those

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »