Home

MyGM/MyLeague : Bird Rights not working/displaying and RFA not functioning

This is a discussion on MyGM/MyLeague : Bird Rights not working/displaying and RFA not functioning within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-17-2017, 10:23 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
MyGM/MyLeague : Bird Rights not working/being force-renounced and RFA not functioning

They are definitely not displaying within (no player for any Team showing with Bird Rights, only UFA and no RFAs), not 100% sure if not working.

Edited for new state of tests and to use the 2018 off-season to show it is an immediate issue.

As an example i manually picked up the option for McCaw on the Warriors, yet have no way of signing him to a contract other than min sal. Same for guys like Norman Powell, Vonleh, Exum, TJ Warren, McDermott etc, etc. So it's not like it is not working for, say, 2nd rounders only or traded players only. Does not matter if they are "pre-activated" on the QO-screen or if you manually add them. Some players just don't get assigned Bird Rights no matter what. Heck, i even tried renouncing/releasing player to get the Roster lower (thinking maybe this is the issue), nothing.

Take a team like the Jazz: Both Hood and Exum are pre-selected to receive the QO, both are First Rounders by the Jazz yet Hood has Bird Rights and Exum doesn't.
Or the Suns: Works with Len, does not work with Warren. (Actually Len should not even be eligible since the games first season is his 5th, but whatever)

You can see that something clearly is not working correctly. You can also guess this by taking a look at the new "Cap Holds" section, which is being magically cleared out between the qualifying offers stages and the Moratorium because 90% of the players get their rights renounced, even when the teams are under Manual User Controll, which should never, ever happen !

Update 2:

In year 2, basically no qualifying offers get actually extended (despuite plenty being pre-selected and me manually selecting the rest on 30 team controll) with just 2 exceptions in my current test: Malcolm Brogdon and Devin Booker.

You guys know what the rejected all have in common ? Being marked as "expendable" rather than "core" on the player profile page in the contract section, which is a designation given by the AI and can't be influenced by the user. Brogdon and Booker were the only players eligible for the QO signified as "Core" and both were correctly processed ! I went back to the first season and found the same things.

Lets not talk about the fact that this is a bogus assignment for a 78 rated starter who is 24 years old (i assume the logic is a holdover from past versions with higher ratings) and that this in and of itself might have implications to CPU Trades and the likes ...

I also am 99% sure there is the same issue applying to veterans (the disaperaing cap holds and at least a partial loss of Bird Rights, going from Full Bird to Early Bird/Non-Boid Exceptions) ---> news feed saying their rights were waved depite being on user control and no such action being taken (happens on the 29 other teams and my own controlled team).

The few players whose cap hold is carrying past this stage are almost all marked as Superstar, Veteran or Core (looking it up via save and reload the same save before and after the stage). Everybody marked as expandable gets his rights renounced without any promp by the User.

The reason why this seemed to be less of an issue with veterans is the fact that you can still able to offer them the non-bird or early-bird despite the renouncing of the rights (the rookies only the non-bird even, which is impossible to sign most players coming off rookie contracts with if your over the cap) ---> This in and of itself is not correct either btw.

The news feed is also awash with news of teams renouncing the rights to these players, so it is not merely a display error in the Cap Hold section. The fact that this renouncing is never prompted to the User in any way bothered me from the start, actually. Now it apears that he is not only not prompted to do so but that it happens off-screen without his doing.

This is not a small-time nuisance at this magnitude. I mean, it essentially takes half your options of the table. Basically all you can do is extend a player (rather than take your chances in the open market and see what other teams offer) and the same holds true for the cpu.

This might also explain the utter lack of medium-sized contracts, which is exactly what these sort of players would command. The automatic renouncing of rights of almost every player (even good starters !) also clears up unrealistic capspace for teams to make a big signing and then turn around and still sign a few of their veterans (for which the wrongly assigned non-bird/early-bird rights are more than enough)

Last edited by Whomario; 09-18-2017 at 03:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #2
Pro

Re: MyGM/MyLeague : Bird Rights not working/displaying and RFA not functioning

To summarize:

- Restricted Free Agency is 100% not working

- Cap Holds get magically taken off your books after the QO stage

- Bird Rights seem to only partially register and not displaying at all. They could also not work at all, see next point,

- You can randomly offer players contract starting at a little offer 10 mio despite being way over the cap yourself.

Neither MyGM not MyLeague is playable like this, not even with the editing option and 30 Team controll of MyLeague could we repair this ourselves.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:28 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Holy **** is anything in this mode working?

I'm actually considering returning the game. This is ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2017, 10:35 AM   #4
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

OVR: 0

Alright, we need davez or any dev to address these things.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:11 AM   #5
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Sometimes I wonder why us MLO heads pine so longingly for an online association when the devs can't even get offline ML right smh lol. Our 30 man league decided that the best way to reproduce an authentic online association would be to create a mirror offline 30 team control Myleague, and mirror the user's record, roster, and contracts within the offline file. But if the resignings and contract negotiations are broken then what's the point? Hopefully this is patched or back to pen and paper Aka spreadsheets.. Sigh. How has madden perfected online association and yet 2k can't even get offline right smh lol.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2017, 11:52 AM   #6
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
To summarize:

- Restricted Free Agency is 100% not working

- Cap Holds get magically taken off your books after the QO stage

- Bird Rights seem to only partially register and not displaying at all. They could also not work at all, see next point,

- You can randomly offer players contract starting at a little offer 10 mio despite being way over the cap yourself.

Neither MyGM not MyLeague is playable like this, not even with the editing option and 30 Team controll of MyLeague could we repair this ourselves.
It would be good if someone else could check and verify this, so the 2K team can hear more about it. I'm sure Dave is paying attention, but if others can replicate it, that would help.

For example, does this happen if you just run a simulation without any custom anything, just in the default vanilla mode?

I wonder if this accounts for some of those random reports or rumors about guys getting billion dollar contracts.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:49 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
It would be good if someone else could check and verify this, so the 2K team can hear more about it. I'm sure Dave is paying attention, but if others can replicate it, that would help.

For example, does this happen if you just run a simulation without any custom anything, just in the default vanilla mode?

I wonder if this accounts for some of those random reports or rumors about guys getting billion dollar contracts.
I got the original hint to test it from someone in another forum noticing this in MyGM (where you can't really customize) and I just ran another 3 tests for the first season MyLeague All Default everything (default roster, default setting, start in reg season, game creates rookies, 1 team controll and different team each time) and it does seem to be working somehow ...

And i reported that billion dollar contract glitch, have a screenshot as well I doubt they ever "got" the contract but had it glitch. Which is sth. that has happened a few versions back as well if if recall correctly ...

Last edited by Whomario; 09-17-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:54 PM   #8
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
I got the original hint to test it from someone in another forum noticing this in MyGM (where you can't really customize) and I just ran another 3 tests for the first season MyLeague All Default everything (default roster, default setting, start in reg season, game creates rookies, 1 team controll and different team each time) and has the same issues.

And i reported that billion dollar contract glitch, have a screenshot as well I doubt they ever "got" the contract but had it glitch. Which is sth. that has happened a few versions back as well if if recall correctly ...
Hah! I didn't realize that was you. Good lookin' out. I only remember it ever happening though when salary cap was turned off in settings by the user. But if this bug is disabling cap rules in weird ways, it may amount to the same thing.

Thanks for all the testing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »