Home

Shaq needs his own contact dunk package

This is a discussion on Shaq needs his own contact dunk package within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-09-2017, 12:20 AM   #1
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Shaq needs his own contact dunk package

This may be way too late but since he's also the cover boy he needs his own contact dunk package. 2k never really captured the guys raw power and speed when he dunked. The package they gave him are slow as ****....

I want these dunks exclusively for Shaq only....man those tomahawk dunks were vicious and really FAST. 2k needs to speed up some of the dunks ingame as well...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2017, 11:19 AM   #2
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Shaq needs his own contact dunk package

Hells yeah.

While they're at it, they need to bring back Nique's. Didn't Kemp have one too at some point?
Old 08-09-2017, 11:34 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Hells yeah.

While they're at it, they need to bring back Nique's. Didn't Kemp have one too at some point?
Kemp did but I'm not sure if it really did his dunk style justice. It sort of seemed like it was a default power athletic package for a big guy, whereas it should have had at least a few of these, particularly the Lister Blister, his signature bring back where he doesn't quite cuff, his classic rim-hangs (off one and two feet and via alley-oop), and his side-winding windmills:

In fact, I don't think 2K's ever gone the signature alley-oop route. I think certain guys have had access to different animations, but I'm struggling to remember any individual alley options. It seems like it might be hard to implement, but I think Shawn Kemp would be very deserving. He had a very unique oop style and completed them with frequency.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:26 PM   #4
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Can't believe it's been so long since Shaq Diesel has been in the league.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:36 PM   #5
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0

They need to bring back signature dunk packages in general. I get that it makes more sense to break them up into their current format, but some dunks, like you guys mentioned, are specific to one guy.

Westbrook is a guy who needs his own (Smith Jr. could use his, Dame has similar dunks as well) These guys have that weird dunking style where they don't elevate extremely high, but they dunk with a lot of force. If you look a Westbrook's dunks IRL he sometimes seems to barely clear the rim. If his arms were a few inches shorter, he'd barely be able to dunk at all. He definitely doesn't get his whole head above the rim like it shows in game.

Russell Westbrook TOP 28 Dunks To Celebrate His 28th Birthday!

Only 2-3 times in that video does he get crazy elevation. One was in the ASG & another was on a fastbreak. They need a combination of rimgrazer elevation and **** back/tomahawk animations for him to do in normal games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2017, 12:52 PM   #6
Rookie

derrtyRedd's Arena

OVR: 0

I think they should add Signature Finishing packages. Say for instance I choose Antetekounmpo as a finishing package. I'd get all of his athletic finishes (layups and crazy lenthgy dunks) that would be my default dunk package, but I could still choose other packages as well.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2017, 02:12 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrtyRedd
I think they should add Signature Finishing packages. Say for instance I choose Antetekounmpo as a finishing package. I'd get all of his athletic finishes (layups and crazy lenthgy dunks) that would be my default dunk package, but I could still choose other packages as well.
Agreed. A great Giannis signature finishing package could turn him into a very unique 2K character. Abnormal takeoff distances and angles, super-reach finger rolls, the mega-palm reach dunks that are pretty basic in execution but extraordinary in where he's able to complete them from, etc.

I'd be completely in favor of 2K delving back into individual signature moves and packages. A lot of signatures are still there these days in 2K but they feel more generalized, like it's not unique to one person as much.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:15 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Man dont get your hopes up.....I wouldnt be suprised if he looks the EXACT SAME as 2k16 and 17

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »