Home

We're the older 2K games more fun to you?

This is a discussion on We're the older 2K games more fun to you? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-25-2017, 05:28 PM   #1
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
We're the older 2K games more fun to you?

I broke out 2k14 on the 360 last night and I had a blast. My friends say they would rather play the current game over that for the realism. But while I admit 2K17 is more realistic and still fun, I'd rather play the old 2K games. Whether it'd be the production , the sometimes silly arcade moments, but overall the old 2K ball games simply are more fun. For me, realism does not make for more fun. I know some will argue with hostility, but I always got room for some old 2K bball
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2017, 05:58 PM   #2
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: We're the older 2K games more fun to you?

The older 2Ks didn't have VC creeping around every corner, so I definitely enjoyed them more.

2K14 was pretty fun, I remember playing association non stop in it forming a Lakers super team with all the rookies like Exum, Embiid, etc. Also had Melo who was a beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Old 06-25-2017, 06:12 PM   #3
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0

2k10-2k14 were great for MyCareer

After that it went downhill. 2k16 and 2k17 are probably the worst gaming communities on sports games right now. Nobody wants to be apart of a team....kids don't want to play defense, and if you criticize anyones game at all they cuss you out and start playing like a holes.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:38 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

yes, but Im' convinced it was because my expectations were lower. it seemed each year they made leaps forward and I was excited by that. But soon (maybe the Jordan thing?) each year became less about gameplay advances and more about features, which of course sold more games.

As a result of this I get more frustrated knowing what they are capable of, seeing the bugs they let be released because they are too busy working on some glitzy feature to advertise, and seeing the legacy issues that should be easy fixes.

So one hand I'm spoiled by how much the game advanced, on the other hand i'm disappointed by the economic realities that cause them to work on flashy features and neglect fixing/improving gameplay issues and franchise modes.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:01 PM   #5
Pro

Easily.

I spend more time shaking my head and kissing my teeth than playing the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2017, 08:32 PM   #6
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Smh the older 2k games didn't advertise VC sales during the actual damn gameplay either
Old 06-25-2017, 08:58 PM   #7
Banned

the older games didn't have as many features and options, but they were of a better build quality and just more solid from a gameplay perspective
Old 06-25-2017, 09:41 PM   #8
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Yes. It peaked with 2K14 last gen. The last 2-3 games have been pretty mediocre, and 17 in particular was just embarrassingly bad.

They also went and killed off my favorite mode this year, which was online ranked, and they look to be killing off MyPlayer as well with that forced eSports garbage. Eventually I'm only going to have MyTeam left before they kill that off as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »