Home

Park steal spammers

This is a discussion on Park steal spammers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-14-2017, 02:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Park steal spammers

Something needs to be done about people spamming area in park? People can attempt like 5 or 6 steals every possession and the reward for getting a steal is so high. It's needs to be limited to every 5-10 seconds, or a bigger penility for spamming it because I've more often than not if me and my crew lose it is against players that just spam steal the whole defense
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2017, 02:53 PM   #2
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Re: Park steal spammers

Played against a PF Athletic Finisher yesterday who got 4 strips on me in 1 game. My team lost and we went back to play them a second time, he had 3 strips on me in the paint. Ridiculous
Old 06-14-2017, 03:38 PM   #3
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Do like the 5-10 second rule but that may be unrealistic. Iv been a huge advocate of toning down steals on this board, and a quick check of my posting history will say so.

But at the same time I cant deny that ALOT of guys you THINK are spamming do actually time their steals to how you dribble. I did not know that's how it worked. Some guy in the park told me you bump into a guy then time his dribble and you can get a steal more than half the time. So I don't want to hurt the guys who are just really good at timing steals but then again they may have to be sacrificed to stop the spammers, who spam so much that you can dribble by them and dunk.

Its so bad when I use my shot creator I sometimes just stand still waiting for the reach attempt then I drive and dunk. I laugh my butt off when it works.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:45 PM   #4
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

I don't really have a problem vs spammers...

You may be holding on to the ball too long instead of passing, being too obvious with your moves, or not protecting it properly.

Also, while they don't give free throws... those fouls eventually lead to bad grades, which lead to making people go Cold.

Just be happy they call fouls at all, it is the Park after all.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:52 PM   #5
Rookie

I play as the big in my crew, and they two other guys are getting spammed at half court some of the time. One time we got dropped off by some guys with pretty good records who literally had one guy stand in the paint and the two other went and spammed the ball handler, meaning he would get ripped or they would take the pass

Also they spamming can make bump and cause ball pick ups. I must admit 3's arnt as bad as 2's but it's still bad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2017, 05:14 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman

You may be holding on to the ball too long instead of passing, being too obvious with your moves, or not protecting it properly.
This is what I thought too. The guy is probably standing there or doing the same dribble move and getting hot that he's getting ripped.

If I see you doing the same thing over and over, I'm going to spam that button at the right time.

Anyone with enough experience can see that all it takes is one missed steal attempt to punish the defender off the dribble.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:35 PM   #7
Rookie

I Get that if the times right you can go for the steal, I always go for it when I think the time is right. It's just the players who hit it 5 times every possession you just see them reaching back to back.

It
Old 06-14-2017, 05:47 PM   #8
Rookie

im a LDD and most of the times i reach i can force pick up on a playmaker and it gets me everytime how annoyed they get and call me out as a square spammer on mic. There was one time this dribble god was tryna prove a point or something that a LDD couldnt guard him. aint gonna lie i spammed square to kill his speed boost and dribble moves.
if someone is gonna spam size ups to catch my ankles u bet ima spam steal

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »