Home

What animations do you feel need to be added and removed to and from the game?

This is a discussion on What animations do you feel need to be added and removed to and from the game? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-06-2017, 11:12 AM   #1
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0
What animations do you feel need to be added and removed to and from the game?

A couple I'd like to see added are:
-Fake passes on drive (ones where you don't throw the ball away)
-More layup animations and shot animations inside the paint (you don't really see players setting up to do jumpshots while inside the paint. A lot of times it's more of push shots or floaters)
-Crisper passing animations (No more slow lobs)

A couple I'd like to see removed:
-Automatic Strip steal in the post or in the triple threat positions (players almost never get stripped in these positions)
-Less celebrations off of simple stuff like assists (Maybe an option to turn them off or keep them on, but i personally don't like them. Some people might be fine with them)
-Players hanging on the rim after missed/blocked alley oops or dunks
-Fake pass out of bounds
-Throwing the ball out of bounds while passing downcourt to an open teammate
-Missing reverse layups and throwing the ball into the underside of the rim (players are a lot more aware then to chuck the ball right into the rim on a layup attempt)
-Faster dunk animations
-Players going in for dunks, but since the dunk animations are so slow, another player has time to step in front of you and forces you to do this animation where you almost fall down in mid air and just toss the ball lightly at the rim (which usually results in a missed layup, when it really should be a blocking foul or a charge)

Feel free to add on or make your case on what animations should be added and which ones should be removed

Last edited by VAWereWolf65; 04-06-2017 at 12:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2017, 11:28 AM   #2
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Re: What animations do you feel need to be added and removed to and from the game?

Remove:
-That pick up ball animation after someone tries to steal the ball from you.
-The stumbling animation after someone jumps and falls on top of you. It should really be a foul, I don't know why it's a no-call.
-Animations where players get stuck on the referee. This destroys so many of my fastbreaks. Nothing more frustrating than running a fastbreak and you try to pass to a player and he's stuck on the ref and you do a fake pass animation. The worst is when you're by the half-court line and get called for a back court.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:01 PM   #3
Pro

sudanmalkovich's Arena

Re: What animations do you feel need to be added and removed to and from the game?

whatever they are, animations mesh poorly and inconsistently.
also speed of animation is inaccurate.
u don't dunk this slow and u don't spin this slow in real life.

current animation system is so old they need a new engine.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:09 PM   #4
Banned

get rid of all animations
Old 04-06-2017, 12:20 PM   #5
Rookie

Get rid of those bobble the ball catch animations.
Overhead out of bounds passes
Slow passes
Unnecessary bounce passes
Losing the ball by dribbling behind the back
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2017, 12:51 PM   #6
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

More fake passes for sure - does anyone else sometimes accidentally pass it when they are trying to fake pass? I can't tell if its my fault or the game because it doesn't feel like I'm pressing the button wrong.

More rolling off of screen animations... some of them are just way too slow.

Also when you do get bumped by screen, need more animations than ones of you falling down for 30 seconds.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:51 PM   #7
Rookie

myathebee's Arena

Remove all the canned animations and try to make a real physics system again. If madden can do,so can 2k....They have the resources..Make it happen man.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:53 PM   #8
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by myathebee
Remove all the canned animations and try to make a real physics system again. If madden can do,so can 2k....They have the resources..Make it happen man.
They'd have to take a break from making a "new" game every 9 months.

I don't get why we need to pay $60 every year for slider adjustments and roster updates? That should be a $20 DLC.

Another animation to remove: The celebrations that cause you get stuck in one place for 5 seconds while you're dude runs down for a dunk.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »