Home

Patch 1.06 on route.... No ETA

This is a discussion on Patch 1.06 on route.... No ETA within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-16-2016, 09:36 AM   #1
Rookie

Mickeyknoxx's Arena

OVR: 1
Patch 1.06 on route.... No ETA

https://steamdb.info/app/385760/depots/

As you can see 16 hours ago was submitted to QA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2016, 10:35 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Patch 1.06 on route.... No ETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyknoxx
https://steamdb.info/app/385760/depots/

As you can see 16 hours ago was submitted to QA
Maybe this will be the BIG gameplay patch? The previous patch was underwhelming from a gameplay standpoint. I look at what the 2K developers fixed in the recent WWE patch, as well as the enormous Battlefield patch, and it makes you wonder why we haven't seen a significant gameplay patch from the NBA team...

Maybe the game code is extremely sensitive to changes in gameplay..
Old 11-16-2016, 11:06 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Maybe this will be the BIG gameplay patch? The previous patch was underwhelming from a gameplay standpoint. I look at what the 2K developers fixed in the recent WWE patch, as well as the enormous Battlefield patch, and it makes you wonder why we haven't seen a significant gameplay patch from the NBA team...

Maybe the game code is extremely sensitive to changes in gameplay..
I tend not to be negative but this seems more in line with the tidbits feature integration ... I dont think we will receive another gameplay patch unless is something related to the money tournament.

Was hoping to have something so users could edit teams oncourt pace in a more easier manner, some more customization/editability features, as well as correction for some of the D issues and teams signature play.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:21 AM   #4
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

OVR: 0

Maybe some art updates in this one. Raptors/Huskies new alternate court and some face scans.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:12 PM   #5
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

I hope there's some huge gameplay adjustments. There has to be...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2016, 12:32 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
I hope there's some huge gameplay adjustments. There has to be...
5 patches in and the hope for huge gameplay has falling flat on its face. There will never be a huge gameplay improvements in a Patch. Huge gameplay improvements is called the cycle between releases. What you will get in a patch from the dev is "please god lets hope this band aid fixes this" You have witnessed this process for 5 patches now and all of a sudden you think patch # 6 is the holy grail? LMAO.

Things that will not be fixed.

Adaptive Coaching Engine(Menus sticking and playing the right Defense)
FastBreaks, and those bump animations to make sure you will not have a fastbreak.
Marginal 3 point shooters running to the corners or pulling up from 25 on a fastbreak for 3.

What will be fixed as far as gameplay

Oh the general statement of "gameplay fixes" which will be left up to you to figure out, followed by the Placebo effect and reassurances of others who believe the same.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:39 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
5 patches in and the hope for huge gameplay has falling flat on its face. There will never be a huge gameplay improvements in a Patch. Huge gameplay improvements is called the cycle between releases. What you will get in a patch from the dev is "please god lets hope this band aid fixes this" You have witnessed this process for 5 patches now and all of a sudden you think patch # 6 is the holy grail? LMAO.

FastBreaks, and those bump animations to make sure you will not have a fastbreak.
Marginal 3 point shooters running to the corners or pulling up from 25 on a fastbreak for 3.

Oh the general statement of "gameplay fixes" which will be left up to you to figure out, followed by the Placebo effect and reassurances of others who believe the same.

Could also be the PS4 Pro Icon pass fix. But they just went ahead and through some tweaks in there for every platform
Old 11-16-2016, 12:40 PM   #8
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65

You're probably right. I'm just hopeful because I really don't like this iteration of the game and I'd like to think I'll get a few whole games in at some point - justifying my purchase. I also have a fear that if issues like fastbreaks, horrible defense, etc go unchanged then next year the game will release with the same issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »