Home

MyPlayer weight choices

This is a discussion on MyPlayer weight choices within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-07-2016, 01:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MyPlayer weight choices

How do yall choose what weight your player will be? I know most people have a general idea of what weight they will go with, but do you choose a specific weight or just choose kinda randomly? I'm playing around with different weights to see exactly how much certain stats go up and down.

For example, I plan on making a 6'7 LDD PF. The default weight is 227. I tend to make my players on the lowest weight, so that would be 179. That is a 48 pound difference. So in my mind, I think a good way to break that up is in 12 pound intervals, which would be 179, 191, 203, 215, 227.

Has anyone tested weights out like that when making a player or am I the only crazy one? I just started cuz I'm wondering again if 60 strength is good enough for the player I'm going to make if I make him the lowest weight. I love me some speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2016, 03:08 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: MyPlayer weight choices

I have a lot of time on my hands and I'm bored, so I will see if any stats change from 179 pounds to 191 pounds, pound by pound.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:05 PM   #3
Rookie

So after going pound by pound from 179 to 191, I noticed that something will increase/decrease every 2 pounds. It depends how many levels you are increasing a category that you will see a change. It can be pretty random. The change is very small. The base attribute of something might go up/down 1 point, but the result might still be the same after maxing out a category. Stuff like that.

So after doing all of that, I believe I am finally at peace with making my 6'7 PF LDD at the lowest weight. Boxout 70, rebounds 75, and strength 60 after mycareer upgrades. I thought about putting stuff to post scoring before, but the only post move I really do is post spin to get to the basket. I'm guessing if I just have the badge, I should be fine.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:27 PM   #4
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLPGBoy
So after going pound by pound from 179 to 191, I noticed that something will increase/decrease every 2 pounds. It depends how many levels you are increasing a category that you will see a change. It can be pretty random. The change is very small. The base attribute of something might go up/down 1 point, but the result might still be the same after maxing out a category. Stuff like that.

So after doing all of that, I believe I am finally at peace with making my 6'7 PF LDD at the lowest weight. Boxout 70, rebounds 75, and strength 60 after mycareer upgrades. I thought about putting stuff to post scoring before, but the only post move I really do is post spin to get to the basket. I'm guessing if I just have the badge, I should be fine.
Using post spin without any post scoring upgrades is one of worst things u can do. I always love when some playmaker dares to use it on me, it either leads nowhere or insta turnover.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:31 PM   #5
Rookie

DatGuy12x2's Arena

How did the weight effect strength? I feel like being a ldd , at pf, strength would be key. What did Your speed max out at? Is it worth sacrificing strength for the speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2016, 08:35 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
Using post spin without any post scoring upgrades is one of worst things u can do. I always love when some playmaker dares to use it on me, it either leads nowhere or insta turnover.
Dang. I'm too stingy to give up any other categories, though.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:46 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGuy12x2
How did the weight effect strength? I feel like being a ldd , at pf, strength would be key. What did Your speed max out at? Is it worth sacrificing strength for the speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At 6'7, 179 pounds, with max wingspan & max shoulders, strength would max out at 69 and speed would max out at 85. I do not know too much about strength, but others say it is important if you want to go up against the bigs in the post and get favorable animations when defending. I guess it depends on your playstyle. For me, I plan on maxing out almost all categories. I won't touch 3pt shooting and post scoring. Rebounding category will be 1 under the max so boxout will be 70 and rebounds will be 75. Strength will be at level 15, which is 60. That is if I don't get any of the park upgrades.
Old 11-08-2016, 01:22 AM   #8
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLPGBoy
At 6'7, 179 pounds, with max wingspan & max shoulders, strength would max out at 69 and speed would max out at 85. I do not know too much about strength, but others say it is important if you want to go up against the bigs in the post and get favorable animations when defending. I guess it depends on your playstyle. For me, I plan on maxing out almost all categories. I won't touch 3pt shooting and post scoring. Rebounding category will be 1 under the max so boxout will be 70 and rebounds will be 75. Strength will be at level 15, which is 60. That is if I don't get any of the park upgrades.
I got a LDD being 6'7 and 260lbs.. He got 79 speed and ~90 strenght when maxed out. I don't think it's worth it to sacrifice so much strenght for +6 speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »