Home

does a point forward need post scoring?

This is a discussion on does a point forward need post scoring? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-12-2016, 01:44 PM   #1
Rookie

Soze Mucky's Arena

OVR: 0
does a point forward need post scoring?

since its so ******** we cant fully upgrade our players i need to decide which attributes to leave out. is post scoring important for a point forward?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 01:49 PM   #2
VFL

LeBlonde James's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: does a point forward need post scoring?

I my post abilities upgraded to 65.. I think. Still can score alright down low with fakes or Justin good timing and I'm only 6'8. Not sure how many slots it took to get at 65 for post but I'm at 91 overall.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2016, 02:09 PM   #3
Rookie

Ryvv's Arena

i recently made and maxed out a point forward and i didn't touch post scoring--or rebounding for that matter.

i play mostly pro am and reason that a point forward who's doing his job on a competitive team has no business posting up or even crashing too hard for boards. leave that for the big men and take what you can get to generate offense from the perimeter (3pt, middies, shot off drib, etc).

interestingly, i'm averaging well above a triple double without a single attribute in rebounding, so it won't affect badge progression. and in my career games, i don't struggle to hit the occasional hook but can't seem to hit a baseline fade to save my life. oh well.

at any rate, i suppose it depends on your play style and preferred game mode.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:29 PM   #4
Rookie

Soze Mucky's Arena

what about strength?
Old 10-12-2016, 03:34 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

I put my post up to 50, I didn't touch rebounds, or strength. I am a 83 and I avg 18ppg, 6rds, and 6 ast a game and I'm 20 games in the season.

I've had 2 games with 12 plus rebounds.

Now I do struggle in the post against bigger and taller players but when I get a switch on a PG I have little to no problems.

I also like shooting in the post, I try to model my player's game after how my game was. My game is similar to Evan Turner's game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 03:47 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon
I put my post up to 50, I didn't touch rebounds, or strength. I am a 83 and I avg 18ppg, 6rds, and 6 ast a game and I'm 20 games in the season.

I've had 2 games with 12 plus rebounds.

Now I do struggle in the post against bigger and taller players but when I get a switch on a PG I have little to no problems.

I also like shooting in the post, I try to model my player's game after how my game was. My game is similar to Evan Turner's game.
You need to level strength my friend.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:49 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryvv
i recently made and maxed out a point forward and i didn't touch post scoring--or rebounding for that matter.

i play mostly pro am and reason that a point forward who's doing his job on a competitive team has no business posting up or even crashing too hard for boards. leave that for the big men and take what you can get to generate offense from the perimeter (3pt, middies, shot off drib, etc).

interestingly, i'm averaging well above a triple double without a single attribute in rebounding, so it won't affect badge progression. and in my career games, i don't struggle to hit the occasional hook but can't seem to hit a baseline fade to save my life. oh well.

at any rate, i suppose it depends on your play style and preferred game mode.
My point forward has 0 in post and 0 in shot of the dribble. You'd be surprised how effective of a rebounder you can be at SF position. These big man are too busy boxing each other out while you just fly in and get rebounds on defense. I don't crash offensive glass.

Shooting of the dribble is another useless category for any1 except shot creators.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:50 PM   #8
Rookie

Ryvv's Arena

Spoiler

Spoiler

yeah. strength matters. especially so you don't get tossed around by the occasional 4 or rare post-scoring 3.

strength also helps you fight through contact, and point forwards need to finish at the rim when given the chance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »