Home

OP or Nah

This is a discussion on OP or Nah within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-10-2016, 11:03 PM   #1
Rookie

Aintgottime4datShhhh's Arena

OVR: 0
OP or Nah

Look I'm not hating but after playing 120 games at the park the stretch big man is OP imo. Name me one big man in the NBA who can shoot 3's like steph curry. Not only can they kill with the three , they can also rebound well, inside the paint offensively there good too, and defensively there solid. I played a game where a 7'1 was hitting shots from deep contested and banging them , he was completely dominant at both ends. In 2k16 the big man had a 3point rating of 85 I believe, I have no idea why 2k didn't apply that to 2k17. A 7'3 center or PF shouldnt have a 94 rating for outside. Like I said it not hating I'm just keeping it real.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 01:19 AM   #2
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: OP or Nah

Every archetype gets 94 max on their standout ability... you gunna find some standout exploits in each build.

2k18 might feature 80 overall max out players and all bronze badges or no badges at all.

85 - 95 not much difference when coupled with elite badges.

Play on Playa

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2016, 02:15 AM   #3
Banned

I don't want to sound like an ***, but learn to play defense. Seriously, stretch bigs are so easy to guard. This is how they play:

Set Screen
run to the weak side
hesitation 3
Lamarcus Aldrige jumpshot

And most of the time they be on the perimeter, so it's rare to see them kill it on the boards. And who's to say a bigman can't have a 94 3 point ability when there are a few big men who shoot 40% from 3?
Old 10-11-2016, 02:16 AM   #4
Banned

And I use one btw and can say I don't play like that.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:07 AM   #5
Rookie

I'm on the other side of the spectrum. I'm a 6'8" SF Sharpshooter and I play at PF spot in ProAm. In many games, I was matched up against a Stretch Big, and they were always completely useless.

I'd always guard him tightly and not allow him to get any open looks. They are very slow, so there aren't many options for them on the offense. If you stick to Stretch Big and not allow him any room, he will not be able to beat you.

Of course, he will known down a contested shot from time to time, but I have no problem with that because everyone gets lucky every once in a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 11:18 AM   #6
Banned

Why does my 6'10 Stretch 4 only have 91 3 when every1 is saying that they have 94? I have max wingspan is that why?

Also, for those who are saying that stretch bigs are easy to guard in pro am: you guys are hilarious. By far the hardest archetype to guard when you are facing GOOD teams that run plays. Sure you can lockdown scrubs because they are stupid and don't know how to use them.

Even if they are not scoring just sheer presence changes the dynamic of the game. Spacing is everything.

We played a elite team 35-3 who only had 1 sharpshooter (2 slashers, LDD and playmaker) and we just smothered them because they couldn't space the floor.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:16 PM   #7
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhead23
I don't want to sound like an ***, but learn to play defense. Seriously, stretch bigs are so easy to guard. This is how they play:

Set Screen
run to the weak side
hesitation 3
Lamarcus Aldrige jumpshot

And most of the time they be on the perimeter, so it's rare to see them kill it on the boards. And who's to say a bigman can't have a 94 3 point ability when there are a few big men who shoot 40% from 3?
agree, but 94 in this game usually translates to more than 40 percent.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:32 PM   #8
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

nothing you can really do but guard your man tight unless 2k turns the difficulty level of the game up.

but like one poster said all the builds shine with a 94+ something for their respected archetypes. shooting is just the most dangerous one to encounter

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »