Home

Official NBA 2K17 MyCareer Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K17 MyCareer Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-08-2016, 12:38 PM   #9
Rookie

jockerace's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2K17 MyCareer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldpenguin2
I usually don't make a second one until much later so I can focus on mastering that one position. But I think I'll go with a Center and aim for #2. The Lakers need a superstar big

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I was never able to get to #2 last year. I was either too good and got number 1 or when top 4-7.

Part of me was sad Lakers didn't get number 1 just because aiming for number 2 is a real pain lol.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:43 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockerace
I was never able to get to #2 last year. I was either too good and got number 1 or when top 4-7.

Part of me was sad Lakers didn't get number 1 just because aiming for number 2 is a real pain lol.
That's true. Maybe I'll play a few great games and then average in the last one. Hopefully they have interviews so you can kind of push toward a certain team

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2016, 06:53 PM   #11
Rookie

Just finished the prelude as a 6'1 playmaking pg from Wake Forest (Since I went to Arizona State it was hard for me to choose Arizona last game, but since it was the only school from AZ I chose them. This year went a different route).

He was pretty decent, but have to see how he compares to other pgs when the game drops. Might have to choose a different Archetype.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2016, 08:27 PM   #12
Rookie

Going with one of these builds...

6'4 Slasher PG - D Rose is my fav. player so I really wanted to make a player just like him but not sure if I want to anymore... only because of that 55 3pt shot.

6'5/6'6 Shot Creator/Playmaker SG - Seems like the attributes just fit my play style the best, but not sure if I want to go with this.

6'7 Shot Creator/Point Forward SF - Same as above^

Im probably going to use some of my other accounts to give that Slasher PG and the other playstyles a test run and see how I like it
Old 09-08-2016, 10:11 PM   #13
Rookie

2016..... I ran 3 careers....
7'3 Inside Center Kris Walker (defense and rebounding and athletic, scoring was low but damn could I score inside)
6'5 Outside PG Chris Hunter
6'6 Inside SG Michael Jordan (young MJ slashing and athletic)

??
??
??
Old 09-08-2016, 10:37 PM   #14
Rookie

Sure hope we get to play our full rookie seasons this game around, and not have 2K cut it short for whatever reasons
Old 09-08-2016, 11:06 PM   #15
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

jeez I've typed this so many times in the Archetypes thread... I think I'm gonna reserve my spot for when I get the actual game, considering changing my guy.

My current build is a skinny 6'8 SF Shot Creator and I went to Illinois because I got fam from the Chi. If there was a NY or LA team I'd have gone there tho coz I'm a big city person.

Won the championship and was getting roughly 5 rebounds a game with 9 / 11 points and no more than 2 assists.

- Wondering if the prelude in the actual game will allow for more minutes per game, so I can affect my draft stock.

Best grade I got was an A- in the USA game, all the others were B +/- so my projection stayed at Middle of the draft.

Anyone projected to go top? I feel that you will have to have prototypical measurables for your position to be considered tbh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2016, 11:08 PM   #16
Rookie

Rain816's Arena

OVR: 2

I want to create a 6'3 shooting guard. not sure if I wanna be a shooter, slasher or playmaker tho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »