Home

NBA 2K17 MyCareer- Your Player

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 MyCareer- Your Player within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-19-2016, 09:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2K17 MyCareer- Your Player

Obviously without knowing much about the story, career progression, attributes and caps

What kind of player do you plan on making? Position? Height? NBA Player comparison?
How do you plan on utilizing the actual career games? Will you play them competitively or just utilize them to get upgrades and badges?
What team do you want to play for?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2016, 09:24 PM   #2
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K17 MyCareer- Your Player

I'm going to be a 6'11" center, like usual.
My attribute progression will be along the lines of "what if Greg Oden actually got that surgery back in sixth grade, thus his legs stayed the same length, thus he never had chronic injuries upon turning pro?"
Fantastic defender and rebounder, really strong, that sort of thing.
I love blocking shots and grabbing boards in real life, but since 2K15, I've been grabbing 30 boards a game when player-locked. That ain't sim. Heck, it makes me wonder how anyone could ever have any trouble rebounding.
I get MyCareer is supposed to be the least-sim mode, but come on, man...

I'd love to play for an expansion team if MyCareer supports that. Otherwise, any team will do.

Other than that, I'm going to focus on other modes this year, especially if it's still way too easy to grab boards when player-locked. You have no idea how much I've been wanting to write a dynasty thread, but had to stop because rebounds were too damn easy...
Old 08-19-2016, 09:34 PM   #3
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

I play the 4 spot on my pro am team so I usually end up making a PF. The only problem is, i like to be realistic and make either a 6"9 or 6'10 player but i find out making a 6"10 player is undersized on 2k. I guard nothing but 7'3 centers at the 4 position. This year i may make a 6'11 guy and model him after Lamarcus Aldridge. As far as career mode goes, I'll probably play for Chicago and help Dwade and Rondo win another ring.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:41 PM   #4
Pro

I always make a decently tall SF who is defensive focused (or atleast i roleplay that he is) - 2k16 didn't make this usual build very fun because of stat limitations. But regardless my usual gamestyle is team focused / defensive focused / mostly very focused on everything that ISN'T - offense. Dominating alone scoring wise is boring to me- i don't enjoy scoring every point nor do i enjoy people with that mentality "i am the best here and i will score mysel forget the others" - i don't enjoy difficulties that are unrealistic either - so you see how 2k16 wasn't in my best interest. I barely played 2k16 truthfully. Compared to previous years that is.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:46 PM   #5
Pro

I'm making a 6'3 PG, 6'10 SF, and 7'? Center. Point Guards are always fun in 2K, especially when you know how to chain moves. 6'10 SF's can do everything only problem is that they can't finish and are slow. Center just to dominate, I'm tired of 7'3 guys pulling 3s and having And-1 handles. I'm bringing Dirty Centers back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2016, 09:47 PM   #6
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

I try to make a 6 foot Allen Iverson clone every year, some years its fun some years (like this year) its pretty frustrating.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:51 PM   #7
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Oh yeah, just remembered.

If that glitch remains where offline-only MyCareer files can't upgrade badges past bronze...

Yeah, screw this mode.

Last edited by Trackball; 08-19-2016 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:05 PM   #8
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

It really depends on how the attributes are distributed this year.

I usually make a scoring "balanced" PG though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »