Home

New Nets/Physics in NBA 2K17?

This is a discussion on New Nets/Physics in NBA 2K17? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-11-2016, 10:32 AM   #1
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

OVR: 0
New Nets/Physics in NBA 2K17?

Not sure if I'm the only one who noticed this or not. But, it seems that the nets have a different, more realistic look to them. Does that mean the net physics may have been reworked too? What do you guys think?

Last edited by EZMADDEN; 08-11-2016 at 11:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2016, 10:39 AM   #2
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: New Nets/Physics in NBA 2K17?

One doesn't necessarily mean the other, but that's a good question.

Their efforts would fall kind of hallow if they just improved the look of the nets but not the way they move.

I'm hoping for better hand-rim interaction tho. I could live with the old nets if players actually grabbed & pulled on the rim on dunks.

Guess we'll have to wait to see.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:40 AM   #3
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

It wouod be nice. I loved the nets from last gen. If they did change them then hopefully the rim net sounds got upgrades too.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:50 AM   #4
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
It wouod be nice. I loved the nets from last gen. If they did change them then hopefully the rim net sounds got upgrades too.
Rim/net sounds are even more important than net physics. If they sounded right you would barely notice how the ball interact with the net.

I keep using this video as an exemple but check out how 2K15 feel with authentic NBA sounds. It's night and day.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:51 AM   #5
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMADDEN
Not sure if I'm the only one who noticed this or not. But, it seems that the nets have a different, more realistic look to them. Does that mean the net physics may have been reworked to? What do you guys think?

YES! A fellow "net nut"!! I also noticed the nets seem to not have a "perfect" shape about them like in years past. I think they look nicer.

Keen to see the physics (if they've changed). They always seem to make changes each year (even tiny ones that net nuts can notice).

We'll see when Gamescom happens and some legendary people whip out the mobiles haha..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2016, 10:55 AM   #6
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Rim/net sounds are even more important than net physics. If they sounded right you would barely notice how the ball interact with the net.

I keep using this video as an exemple but check out how 2K15 feel with authentic NBA sounds. It's night and day.

This is an interesting theory. Vid definitely helped make your point. Totally agree with the sounds - 23 would attest to that with a vengeance.

Another thing I want is for bank shots to hit rim on the way in. So tired of seeing them swish clean no matter where the shot comes from.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:01 AM   #7
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni

Yep. Crazy thing is that I'm not that detail oriented to notice such things. However, when something just doesn't look (in this case sound) right it sticks out. Dunks sound like the ball is going in a tin trash can and it's just awkward.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:37 AM   #8
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni

It's actually insane how when you watch that video, it seems as if almost all interactions with the rim/net do seem to be realistic. Maybe sounds are the key. With a mixture of good audio and solid physics, 2K could solve many issues regarding the basket.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »