Home

2k needs to stop overrating Steph Curry

This is a discussion on 2k needs to stop overrating Steph Curry within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 09:39 AM   #1
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

OVR: 0
2k needs to stop overrating Steph Curry

1st of all, yes Steph Curry is arguably the best player in the league right now and totally deserves to win his 2nd MVP. However some of his attributes are flat out ridiculous. Theres no way in hell he should be an overall better passer than Rondo, who right now is on pace to be the 1st player in this century to average 12 assists per game. I think everybody knows Steph Curry's greatness is due to his amazing shooting and skill, NOT his athleticism. How is he faster than Russell Westbrook who's probably the most athletic PG the league has ever seen. I get that 2k is trying to give Curry a high overall but in that case they need to change the rating system and value it differently.

Last edited by 19LloydBanks82; 03-08-2016 at 10:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2016, 09:44 AM   #2
Pro

DevSwerve's Arena

Re: 2k needs to stop overrating Steph Curry

lol better be prepared for the responses to this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2016, 10:10 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19LloydBanks82
1st of all, yes Steph Curry is arguably the best player in the league right now and totally deserves to win his 2nd MVP. However some of his attributes are flat out ridiculous. Theres no way in hell he should be an overall better passer than Rondo, who right now is on pace to be the 1st player in this century to average 12 assists per game. I think everybody knows Steph Curry's greatness is due to his amazing shooting and skill, NOT his athleticism. How is he faster than Russell Westbrook who's probably the most athletic PG has ever seen. I get that 2k is trying to give Curry a high overall but in that case they need to change the rating system and value it differently.
Totally agree with that.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:14 AM   #4
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevSwerve
lol better be prepared for the responses to this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm ready to hear any explanation to why Curry should be a higher rated passer than Rondo and faster than Westbrook.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:39 AM   #5
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
1st of all, yes Steph Curry is arguably the best player in the league right now and totally deserves to win his 2nd MVP. However some of his attributes are flat out ridiculous. Theres no way in hell he should be an overall better passer than Rondo, who right now is on pace to be the 1st player in this century to average 12 assists per game. I think everybody knows Steph Curry's greatness is due to his amazing shooting and skill, NOT his athleticism. How is he faster than Russell Westbrook who's probably the most athletic PG the league has ever seen. I get that 2k is trying to give Curry a high overall but in that case they need to change the rating system and value it differently.
I'm not going to have much say in all of this for the simple fact that don't watch much Rondo basketball, plus I for one do not care much for ratings (I don't even know what Curry's, Rondo's and Wesbrook's ratings are in game).

Passing: Devil's advocate: Just because someone has more assist, does that mean he is a better passer? Does having a greater number of assist equate to the player truly having a better passer rating? If the player receiving Curry's pass decides to pass the ball to a teammate because that second teammate has an even better shot, Curry doesn't get an assist. Flashy passes, cross court passes, no look passes, and whatever types of passes, timely passing, the "right" pass in timely situations, etc. may certainly factor into the passing rating.

Speed: Westbrook is definitely a high powered motorized jet on the court. No argument there. There may be other 'factors' that are factored into the speed rating. Is there an off ball speed movement rating? Again, no clue because I frankly don't care much about ratings as long as the player on the court plays like themselves.

Note: You're probably going to come back with arguments that I can't dispute, and I may have no response, because as I said, I simply don't care much for ratings. I only care if the virtual players plays like their true self.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2016, 10:42 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
I'm ready to hear any explanation to why Curry should be a higher rated passer than Rondo and faster than Westbrook.
Rondo cherry picks his assist and passes way too much all he cares about is his assist numbers. Curry isn't a better passer than him, but if u get a pass from curry u are most likely wide open. Rondo, defenses are already sagging off him a pass from him means his man will come to trap you. His assists are forced, im not impressed.
George Gervin
James Worthy
Larry Nance

Greg Anthony
Dell Curry
Gerald Wallace(rookie)
Tom Bullard
Robert Parish
Jeff Turner
Robert PACKMAN
Old 03-08-2016, 10:45 AM   #7
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

If anything, he's probably not rated high ENOUGH. Lol!
#WeAreND
Old 03-08-2016, 10:55 AM   #8
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder2nyce
Rondo cherry picks his assist and passes way too much all he cares about is his assist numbers. Curry isn't a better passer than him, but if u get a pass from curry u are most likely wide open. Rondo, defenses are already sagging off him a pass from him means his man will come to trap you. His assists are forced, im not impressed.
5 years ago people used the "he plays with 3 future hofers, thats why he gets all these assists". Now he cherry picks his assists and passes TOO MUCH? The fact defenses can sag off of Rondo makes his passing even more impressive.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »