Home

How many games do you play / Sim Strategy

This is a discussion on How many games do you play / Sim Strategy within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-01-2016, 05:18 PM   #1
Rookie

Brian3113's Arena

OVR: 0
How many games do you play / Sim Strategy

I am just curious, for those who play MyLeague or MyGM, how many games you actually play out of an 82 game schedule. If you don't play them all, what is your Sim strategy?

I don't think I have the time to realistically play all 82, so I am looking for ideas on a sim strategy. e.g. only play division games, only play every third game etc. What do you guys do?
Portland Trail Blazers
Seattle Sounders FC
Nebraska Cornhuskers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2016, 05:26 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: How many games do you play / Sim Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian3113
I am just curious, for those who play MyLeague or MyGM, how many games you actually play out of an 82 game schedule. If you don't play them all, what is your Sim strategy?

I don't think I have the time to realistically play all 82, so I am looking for ideas on a sim strategy. e.g. only play division games, only play every third game etc. What do you guys do?
In NBA 2K15, between July and October, I did a MyLeague with Golden State, and played almost every game (12 minute quarters at Superstar and later HOF) in an 82-game season and in the playoffs. (My Warriors beat the Cavs to win the championship in 5 games.)

I did this despite a pretty demanding day job and a pretty demanding woman! It was so personally rewarding to do it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Twitter: @PopcornJones77
Old 02-01-2016, 05:32 PM   #3
Rookie

Brian3113's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopcornJones77
In NBA 2K15, between July and October, I did a MyLeague with Golden State, and played almost every game (12 minute quarters at Superstar and later HOF) in an 82-game season and in the playoffs. (My Warriors beat the Cavs to win the championship in 5 games.)

I did this despite a pretty demanding day job and a pretty demanding woman! It was so personally rewarding to do it.
I would love to do that, just not sure I have time. I am a teacher, parent and a grad student. I played all 162 games in The Show many years ago and lost in game 7 of the World Series..... Horrible feeling lol. I wish NBA 2K would include a Franchise transfer from year to year like The Show does. That would make me want to play all 82 games for sure.
Portland Trail Blazers
Seattle Sounders FC
Nebraska Cornhuskers
Old 02-01-2016, 07:03 PM   #4
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

Since 2K doesn't have year to year saves and I want to experience at least some of the future, I probably play a little over half the games. Maybe 50.

While it's a factor for me to do just what I said, see some of the future, the reset with each game release makes me rush a bit which is the last thing I want to do.

I love playing as many games as possible for the realistic factor. I like the day to day management (something I hope 2K improves upon) but at the same time I want to experience some of what the game has for me beyond the current year.

So, about 50 games.

Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2016, 08:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Brian3113's Arena

Do you have any method to deciding which games you play and which games you sim?
Portland Trail Blazers
Seattle Sounders FC
Nebraska Cornhuskers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2016, 08:22 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian3113
Do you have any method to deciding which games you play and which games you sim?
I always play big rivalry games, but besides that, not really.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Twitter: @PopcornJones77
Old 03-01-2016, 09:56 AM   #7
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I remember guys that use play all the games. Beast mode in my opinion. I would play a few match ups. And that's it.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:21 AM   #8
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

I could never play 82 games because i love playing as other teams in my own myleague. Ill play one game a week from my own teams sched and then play the best matchup of that week in the league/most intriguing based on league storyline. I flip a coin for the team and randomly pick a position to player lock from pieces of paper in my hat. Funny enough it actually helps me scout certain players that im forced to play with. I feel its the best way for me to be fully immersed into the league as a fan, watching the storylines for every team, as a scout playing with people id never really play as, as a coach simulating/strategizing mins , and finally just playing the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »