Home

Playing with Kawhi Leonard

This is a discussion on Playing with Kawhi Leonard within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-03-2015, 11:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Playing with Kawhi Leonard

Does anybody else have a hard time using him? His shot is usually on point, especially if I run plays for him. But it seems like he can never finish at the rim in this game. As a diehard Spurs fan who's probably watched 75+% of all their games the past 15 years or so I try to emulate what I see on the court with them and I struggle driving with him in the game for some reason. He even misses a lot of contest dunks he normally makes in real life (1-2 a game.) I'm wondering if this is more the sliders I'm using or if other people feel the same way? His 91 rating says he's a superstar, but he just doesn't play like a superstar player in the game to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2015, 12:51 AM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Playing with Kawhi Leonard

Kawhi has it all right now man, haha

This is the first time since gino years back we've had a dominant wing

He can shoot and has a very forgiving meter, he can finish athletically and hit 3's. I usually work with him in the mid post since he can get past most guys, and I use him in the post vs smaller guards...

Of course, I'm mostly talking about online, so maybe it doesn't translate as well offline?
Old 12-04-2015, 01:23 AM   #3
MVP

Played against my brother with the Spurs he had the Clippers.4th
Quarter came I put him on CP3 literally shut him down he didn't score for the rest of the game and we went to over time. I also consistently make shots with him to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2015, 02:11 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargers_Are_The_Bes
Played against my brother with the Spurs he had the Clippers.4th
Quarter came I put him on CP3 literally shut him down he didn't score for the rest of the game and we went to over time. I also consistently make shots with him to

I only play with the Kings but the few times I played with the Clips I couldn't score with Paul. Lots of assists but the points were not coming, at all!
Old 12-04-2015, 09:50 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRyan
Does anybody else have a hard time using him? His shot is usually on point, especially if I run plays for him. But it seems like he can never finish at the rim in this game. As a diehard Spurs fan who's probably watched 75+% of all their games the past 15 years or so I try to emulate what I see on the court with them and I struggle driving with him in the game for some reason. He even misses a lot of contest dunks he normally makes in real life (1-2 a game.) I'm wondering if this is more the sliders I'm using or if other people feel the same way? His 91 rating says he's a superstar, but he just doesn't play like a superstar player in the game to me.
Keep practicing and utilize the playbook man. The only reason I say this is because I run with the Spurs the last two years or so and I can get him going BUT I have to run plays; he is not an Iso player.

13 Punch, 13 punch fist and fist zipper are good starter plays. Post shots, fast-break dunks (runs the wing nicely), attack the bucket, mid-range J's and a few rhythm three's will do the trick to get you 24 pts/game consecutively.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2015, 10:44 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie548
I only play with the Kings but the few times I played with the Clips I couldn't score with Paul. Lots of assists but the points were not coming, at all!

For me it's pretty easy he can't shoot the 3 and he's the best mid range shooter in the league but he can also get into the lane

Old 12-04-2015, 11:54 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Kawhi has it all right now man, haha

This is the first time since gino years back we've had a dominant wing

He can shoot and has a very forgiving meter, he can finish athletically and hit 3's. I usually work with him in the mid post since he can get past most guys, and I use him in the post vs smaller guards...

Of course, I'm mostly talking about online, so maybe it doesn't translate as well offline?
Agreed.
The Spurs are my most used team and Kawhi is dominant in this game. He was great when the game was released and he was an 87 rating. Now that he is a 91 and they have stepped up his 3pt and offensive consistency ratings, he is amazing. He knocks down 3's like its nothing and does well in the post, getting by defenders. He finishes pretty well also, but sometimes he'll miss some driving layups that I think he should be able to finish. And since the latest update, I'm missing a lot more dunks with him which is upsetting, but that's happening with everyone. Also, his D is as good as his offense. Totally shuts down Curry
Old 12-04-2015, 02:03 PM   #8
Rookie

2k has Kawhi working beautifully. When have him I just let him do his thing. He seems to ALWAYS be in the right spot. I don't have him handling the ball much, just let him run around in the flow of the offense. He will give me 15-25 points a game and healthy side stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »