Home

#HouseRulesinOldTown, what is it/how to dismiss?

This is a discussion on #HouseRulesinOldTown, what is it/how to dismiss? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-02-2015, 05:38 PM   #1
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

OVR: 0
#HouseRulesinOldTown, what is it/how to dismiss?

So I'm playing MyLeague right now and noticed a watermark in the bottom-left corner of my screen while playing a game, "#HouseRulesinOldTown". What?? Why can't I dismiss this? Why does it have to be there while I'm playing? What does this even mean? I don't even know what Old Town is or what it has to do with MyLeague.

If anyone has any idea on how to remove the watermark (or those occasional "update required" notifications, those are annoying too) it would be greatly appreciated. I don't care if any fix involves spending VC either, I don't use any of mine anyways.

Edit: Talking about this watermark in the bottom left, to be clear:

Last edited by joosegoose; 12-02-2015 at 06:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2015, 05:56 PM   #2
Rookie

crizzlez's Arena

Re: #HouseRulesinOldTown, what is it/how to dismiss?

Hmm.. Old Town is one of the Home Parks in the MyPark mode of Nba 2K16.
There is also Sunset Beach and Rivet City. The notification you received is a weekly/fortnightly (not sure) occurence whereby MyPark game rules are changed for one day. So this week the game rules are changed when you play MyPark mode at Old Town.

I received the notification and it was only for like 1 or 2 seconds. Similar to the ones you receive for unlocking milestones. I dont think you can remove these notifications especially if you're online. This definitely goes for the "update required" notification as well.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:05 PM   #3
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

I was getting that notification last night...popped up every so often, really annoying but always went away after a second or so. I think it's a joke that these are required to be displayed in every single mode of the game (MyLeague? Really?), but 1-2 seconds is not enough to get me to complain.

I'm talking about a watermark now though. It's staying on screen in the bottom left, and I have no idea how to make it go away.

Old 12-02-2015, 06:07 PM   #4
Pro

DevSwerve's Arena

It's going to be there all day until midnight for the promotion, so you should probably get used to it for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2015, 06:11 PM   #5
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

What does it have to do with MyLeague though? If they're going to put a watermark over the presentation and muck it up, it better be relevant like it would be in an NBA broadcast. This is irrationally bothering me right now, and I'm not even a big presentation nut.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2015, 06:14 PM   #6
Pro

DevSwerve's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
What does it have to do with MyLeague though? If they're going to put a watermark over the presentation and muck it up, it better be relevant like it would be in an NBA broadcast. This is irrationally bothering me right now, and I'm not even a big presentation nut.

Yeah same, it popped up in my MyLeague and MyCareer game, but we can't do anything about it

Old 12-02-2015, 06:23 PM   #7
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevSwerve
Yeah same, it popped up in my MyLeague and MyCareer game, but we can't do anything about it

It's times like this there where I'm almost tempted to make a twitter and give Ronnie and LD2K a shout out. It's one thing to give me a slightly annoying pop up at the main menu when I first launch the game, it's another thing entirely to muck up the in game presentation with crap like this.

What's next? Next year are Ernie and Shaq going to be telling us about VC discounts or MyPark house rules in the pre-game show?
Old 12-02-2015, 06:27 PM   #8
Pro

DevSwerve's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
It's times like this there where I'm almost tempted to make a twitter and give Ronnie and LD2K a shout out. It's one thing to give me a slightly annoying pop up at the main menu when I first launch the game, it's another thing entirely to muck up the in game presentation with crap like this.

What's next? Next year are Ernie and Shaq going to be telling us about VC discounts or MyPark house rules in the pre-game show?

I wouldn't be surprised if it happened, considering its 2k. I just can't wait until this disappears from my eye view.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »