Home

player on-court movement issues

This is a discussion on player on-court movement issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-25-2015, 08:30 AM   #25
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: player on-court movement issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Thanks for the feedback and videos. It helps to understand exactly what you guys are seeing and text can be misleading. So keep them coming if you're experiencing something different. A few things:

- The bug where you lose control of your player for a couple seconds on changes of possession in 2K Cam has been found and will be addressed.

- If you're experiencing unwanted movement from defensive assist, you'll want to lay off of L2 or LT while playing defense online. Holding L2/LT down activates assist online even if you zero out the setting.

- the other issues being mentioned (input lag, unwanted cuts, etc.) are being investigated.
I always forget L2 is pressure sensitive this year
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2015, 09:13 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin91
my player has difficulty moving in the direction i want him too. it's like he always stutters. very stiff at times. does anyone experience the same thing?
Omg I thought I was the only one, I thought it was my controller or something !! I don't really have the problem on offense but when I'm running back on defense it's really bad, glad I'm not the only one seeing this
Old 11-25-2015, 11:34 PM   #27
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin91
my player has difficulty moving in the direction i want him too. it's like he always stutters. very stiff at times. does anyone experience the same thing?

I tend to have this issue as well a times, I don't play My Player, but it does seem at times the guy IM controlling isn't doing what I want him to do. I figured it was just me thinking that, and it was my fault an not the game, but after seeing this thread Im nw wondering if its not the game. Probably is still my fault, but now I atleast know its possible it not my fault

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 11-26-2015, 04:46 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Thanks for the feedback and videos. It helps to understand exactly what you guys are seeing and text can be misleading. So keep them coming if you're experiencing something different. A few things:

- The bug where you lose control of your player for a couple seconds on changes of possession in 2K Cam has been found and will be addressed.

- If you're experiencing unwanted movement from defensive assist, you'll want to lay off of L2 or LT while playing defense online. Holding L2/LT down activates assist online even if you zero out the setting.

- the other issues being mentioned (input lag, unwanted cuts, etc.) are being investigated.

Today in freestyle practice i ccan't move my players ynder the rim pressed l2 which is backdown. Is it something new that's been done on purpose or do we have a newborn movement issue. Backdown under the rim you can't move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2015, 05:13 PM   #29
Rookie

I've experienced some sucked-into-animations lately. Most significant is if you run towards the sideline in transition (with the ball) you get sucked to the line (but not over it), and you do a weird lob to self kinda thing before regaining control.

And if you call for the ball near mid-court, you will sometimes take 2-3 extra steps for the backcourt violation, even if you stopped moving the stick (this could be the footplanting animation, IDK).

And finally, if you dive for a loose ball, catches it but slides out of bounds, is that really considered a turnover? Another thing is that my player slides totally without regards for his own safety, sometimes he hits off-court objects so hard that he surely would've injured himself quite seriously!
Old 12-01-2015, 07:24 AM   #30
Rookie

I cant take this anymore at the park. My player does not move at all. It feels like my speed is a 50, when actually its 85 along with the acceleration. I just dont get it. It makes the game frustrating to play. Just take a good percentage of that "weight" off the players, make the game enjoyable to play again.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:34 PM   #31
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't think I've ever seen this thread. And I was thinking that I was tripping all this time. Definitely not just a 2K cam issue.

Hopefully, the issue is found and a patch is released asap. I've been craving to play my MyCareer. It's unplayable for me.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2015, 03:55 AM   #32
Just started!

There is unquestionably input lag in 2K16, moreso than other years but it's always been an issue. It ruins the game for me.

Go play a modern shooter like Battlefront and notice how snappy your character movements are in relation to your stick movements. Smooth as butter. Do the same thing in 2K and you'll realize it takes a small fraction of time for your player to respond. While a small fraction of lag (50-100ms) may not sound like much, it makes all the difference in terms of the feel of the game. Particularly on defense when you are trying to react to quick player movements, but also when chaining together dribble moves or doing a quick pump fake before a drive.

I am guessing that the 2K graphics engine is not quite up to par, so in order to render graphics at 60fps at a high resolution, the game has to 'pre-render' what is happening on the court using input delay. This is similar to what GTA does. Only it is much bigger of an issue in a sports game. Clearly input lag is not an issue to 2K developers since they've allowed it to be present in online modes all of these years. Now it is creeping into offline play which is simply unacceptable. Games are about feel not looks, get with it 2K.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »