Home

So I can't make a Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Kevin Durant in MyCareer

This is a discussion on So I can't make a Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Kevin Durant in MyCareer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-15-2015, 10:47 AM   #1
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2
So I can't make a Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Kevin Durant in MyCareer

These attribute caps need to go. Nobody wants to make a mediocre player. The whole purpose of MyCareer is to become the greatest ever.

Why can't I make a 6'6" balanced shooting guard (Kobe/MJ) with great speed, tremendous finishing, and the ability to light people up from mid range?

Why can't I make a 6'10" SF (KD) that can drill the three and still surprise people with his speed and athleticism.

Why can't I make a 6'8" SF (LBJ) with tremendous speed, inside scoring ability, and be able to hit the mid-range and the open three?

A 6'1" PG speed is capped at 87!
A 6'5" PG speed is capped at 82!
A 6'6" SG speed is capped at 80!
A 6'8" SF speed is capped at 77!

I can't even make a player like Russell Westbrook. Can't even make a player like Dominique Wilkins. Can't even make a player like Julius Erving. Can't even make a player like Magic Johnson. Can't even make a player like Clyde Drexler. Can't even make a player like James Worthy.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited by Jhawkfootball06; 10-16-2015 at 04:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2015, 11:02 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: So I can't make a Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Kevin Durant in MyCa

I think the post is a bit dramatic but I definitely agree with your sentiment. I only play career (&park), but I haven't played a career game for a while, and I don't really have any motivation to do so.

After all was said and done with 2k15, I got through loads of careers - some I maxed my dude out, others I dropped or got bored with, but I'm not sure I'll get to the end of my first full season on one career before 2k17 arrives.

I know people love to say how amazing this game is, although most of those get to tweak sliders to their own liking, but career for me is not that enjoyable this year. I think my dude is of a good enough level now that I can cope in park without any further upgrade bars, especially ones that take 5 practices (so at least 10 games played) for each one earned.

I'm hoping I'll get back into it again, but not sure I will.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:18 AM   #3
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

Re: So I can't make a Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Kevin Durant in MyCa

Lol my 6'6 balanced SG is a 89 overall role player. I was expecting a balanced SG to get 82-83 standing 3, 80-85 ball control and 85-94 speed.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:23 AM   #4
Rookie

My 6'5 balanced PG feels like Westbrook, but I agree that SG and SF are too weak.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:27 AM   #5
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

OVR: 2

I get what you're saying but, your comments couldn't be more wrong for me. I would actually hate being a superstar like Kobe or Michael.

I'm not mediocre but I will be a career, average 10-17 points, 5 rebounds and 9 assists a game. I enjoy this a lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2015, 11:36 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

The easy answer is because of the Park. Last year, if you weren't a 7' SF or a glitched 7' point guard, you were doing it wrong. This year, there is no real demigod position or build, though centers and point guards are a little ahead of the other three positions right now. They had to put in caps in park to keep the demigods away.

I would be highly in favor of normalizing attributes/height in the park by position to put players on even footing and making the MyCareer mode entirely offline, but that doesn't drive VC purchases.

FWIW, with practice sessions and boosts, you can get gaudy attributes from game to game in MyCareer. As a balanced SF, I just broke the single-game three point record going 13 of 16 from downtown with a 15 point practice boost and a 5 point VC boost. I can get my speed up into the mid-80s (Lebron range.) The key is to play to your practice strengths from game to game.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:37 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guccilafluer
I get what you're saying but, your comments couldn't be more wrong for me. I would actually hate being a superstar like Kobe or Michael.

I'm not mediocre but I will be a career, average 10-17 points, 5 rebounds and 9 assists a game. I enjoy this a lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. I want to average, as a PG, 17-5-7 throughout my career, which I hope lasts until I'm 40, but I also hope to peak at 24-8-11 on 54/31/90 shooting percentages considering I'm inside scoring PG.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:45 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 1

I think the real flaw is that there are caps on individual stats.

Instead, cap the overall total numbers of boosts, with boosting some stats costing more 'boosts' from the pool.

So for example a 3 point shooting center (like Myles Leonard) should be possible, but his corresponding 'center' stats like defense and rebounding won't be nearly as good, and his overall attribute balance won't be as efficient.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »