Home

Point of Making an SG

This is a discussion on Point of Making an SG within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-14-2015, 12:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Point of Making an SG

I'm curious what is the point of making an SG?

I have an IG that I've been putting shots from the game in and I didn't have any high school photos so I just remade my SG as a same height PG and am starting to wonder why make a SG in the first place.

My SG is balanced and max speed is 78, you can't call plays (unless you max out shooting and playmaking) and essentially he will never be as good as my PG can be.

My PG can run the offense and defense out of the gate, no need to max playmaking or shooting. His max speed is 81, maybe more and it's on the outside option.

Curious because it seems rebounding doesn't need to be upgraded (though I do) and you dont have to max shooting or playmaking if you don't want to (which I don't want to)

Is post game substantially weaker?, defense (wouldn't think so), dunking ( which I don't really care about).

For me my essentials are great passer ball handler, great rebounder for position, great mid range, decent from 3, and a great defender. Dunking is cool, not a necessity, I prefer a made layup to a missed dunk attempt any day of the week.

Am I picking the wrong position?

And if you are put in at point as a SG, shouldn't you automatically get on court coach?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 01:06 PM   #2
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

Re: Point of Making an SG

I did the same PG 6,6 200lbs because of that
Old 10-14-2015, 01:12 PM   #3
Banned

Max speed is only 78? 2k wants us to be average as hell this year.

I understand putting caps on certain attributes but some of these cap restrictions are too strict.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:21 PM   #4
Rookie

Yeah they are. They're basically saying if you're tall you cant dribble or run. Its best to either be a center or pg.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:22 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 1

Agreed, if you make a SG, the only way you'll have real success is play him like a PG. The AI won't give you the ball enough off of plays, you'll have to end up calling for the ball and running P&Rs with him forever. I started with a SG and realized he was so ineffective I switched to a stretch 5, who can still rebound and block like a monster despite putting nearly no points into either category.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 01:22 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScum
Max speed is only 78? 2k wants us to be average as hell this year.

I understand putting caps on certain attributes but some of these cap restrictions are too strict.
Yeah, looking at it makes me wonder why would anyone make a SG, they will play you at the 2 if you play like a 2 anyway. You get better stats even the 3pt shooting is 1pt better. Make an outside PG over a shooting guard.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:34 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

I've come to the same conclusion regarding SG as the OP.

If you want to make a 6'5" or 6'6" SG with some playmaking ability, then skills I cared about (athleticism, shooting, defense) are generally even or slightly better as a 6'5" or 6'6" PG plus you get to call plays.

Additionally, given that PG is a deeper position around the league it's possible to be shifted to SG at times.

The only downside I can see is if you're strictly 3&D, then your playmaking will suffer to the point it seems silly to be PG.

@iTofutastic
PSN: iTofutastic
Old 10-14-2015, 01:51 PM   #8
Rookie

I didn't see one, so I just made a 6'5 balanced PG with the purpose of playing shooting guard for our squad in ProAM or in MyPark.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »