Home

Stop...NBA 2K16 is the Real Deal

This is a discussion on Stop...NBA 2K16 is the Real Deal within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 07:33 PM   #1
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Stop...NBA 2K16 is the Real Deal

I can't take it no more. I'm tired of reading threads after threads and comments after comments where people are genuinely attempting to change NBA 2K16 to the cheeser friendly nonsense that it has been since NBA 2K12. I'm going to go on record that NBA 2K16 has OFFICIALLY DETHRONED NBA 2K11 (opinions will vary obviously) as the MOST BALANCED GAMEPLAY for offense AND defense. The scary about this statement is that I'm making it before any patches have been applied to this well developed game.

As a defensive minded and mostly sim player, I have waited a long time for a game where the offense didn't rule supreme over everything. I have waited a long time for a game where I felt that pure and genuine basketball knowledge will combat any exploits and "offensive friendly" tactics. I have waited a long time for a game where I can raise my hands to the sky...and scream "Videogame Basketball Heaven has finally arrived.".

For the past 2-3 years, 2K Sports have gathered and employed some of the best people that THIS community has to offer to create one of the greatest basketball games to date.

Welcome Back Mike Wang!
Da Czar
Leftos
Scott O'Gallagher
Mike Stauffer
And the list goes on and on....

Gone are the days of broken plays or plays taking too long to develop. Gone are the days of mediocre roster updates every two weeks. Gone are the days of poor AI decisions where you wanted to reach through the TV and choke someone. Gone are the days of poor footplanting and general physics where the defense was always one step behind the offense. Gone are the days of 1-2 patches per year where people are forced to stop playing the game. Gone are the days of ONLY having Ranked Games, Leagues, and GM modes. Gones are the days where the community spoke, but no cared enough to gather our thoughts, opinions, and feelings about the gameplay to apply the changes to a future patch.

NBA 2K16 offers the most robust experience in sports game history. I've been playing this game nonstop, and it blows my mind how much there is to do for a SPORTS game, and that says a lot when you compare it to open world games like GTA V. NBA 2K16 gives you a hoops dream fantasy with the story driven My Player mode, stimulates the basketball intellect with the My GM Mode, and satisfies our competitive fire while testing our basketball knowledge in the revamped H2H online modes.

What I'm saying is that...it's time for players to man up and LEARN how to play the game, and STOP looking for ways to dumb down the game to cater to your laziness. From the moment you grab the controller and play your first game in whatever mode, you IMMEDIATELY know that NBA 2K16 WASN'T meant to be another casual friendly, button-masher game. You IMMEDIATELY know that NBA 2K16 WASN'T meant to be played in a manner where you're creating ESPN highlights on every possession. This is a GROWN MAN's game.

This community has people who are willing to help you step your game up and make you a better player in whatever mode. Use them! I have seen some great advice in numerous threads where I went straight home, fired up the practice mode, and worked to implement the new advice. The tips work, and I've been grateful for each one that I was able to use successful.

I understand that the game has glitches and bugs, because no human made product is ever perfect. However, let's make sure that we providing feedback on actual glitches (sweating, commentary, weird camera angles, etc), instead of trying to sneak in "complaints" in hopes that the game is patched to be easier for people who don't believe in defense. I'm going to end this with a quote that a poster keeps saying over and over, and it's REAL TALK to me...

You can overcome a challenge, but you can never overcome the boredom of beating an easy CPU.
~strawberryshortcake~

Thank you

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 09-29-2015 at 07:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 08:54 PM   #2
Rookie

minq's Arena

Re: Stop...NBA 2K16 is the Real Deal

quality post, +1
Old 09-29-2015, 09:02 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by minq
quality post, +1
Don't change a thing except for the quick fly defensive adjustment option. Directional pad instead of right stick.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:52 PM   #4
Banned

This dude has ⚾⚾⚾ I love it.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:57 PM   #5
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Exactly fam. Couldn't have said it better myself; everything you said was spot on.

Now we just have to play this game as it is now, and remain hopeful 2K doesn't buckle under the weight of the casuals' complaints. (bars. lol)

If the only things they patch are related to actual glitches and bugs, and connecting to like pro-am and stuff like that..I'll forever say this is the best 2K I played. Defense really does matter again, and I've had the best few days of online gaming in a while locking up these bums who over-dribble.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 11:11 PM   #6
Rookie

Syco_G's Arena

I do think the CPUs on ball defense is a little to good but I'd much rather have it like this then see how bad it would end up if 2k tried to tweak it.

Main NBA 2K16 Myteam Lineup:
Chris Paul -Allstar- / Steph Curry
Michael Jordan -DPotY- / Harden
Klay Thompson / Pippen
Anthony Davis / Aminu
Bill Russell -MVP- / Ewing
Old 09-29-2015, 11:18 PM   #7
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't understand why your thread is more valid than others with genuine concerns. Yes this game is incredible. Yes it's arguably the best sports game ever. I can't disagree. But how can you deny video proof of psychic and inhuman sliding defense by the CPU ai? Dude that has nothing to do with knowing how to play anything and all the people want is it to be looked into. Its not sim man it just really isn't. Is it challenging? Yes. is that a good thing? Maybe. Maybe to you but not others. If you don't like a thread how bout not reading it? Some people just want things to be the best they can be. Don't take it personally man. No ones tearing NBA 2k down or not recognizing it's greatness. freedom of speech. I like OS because it's a forum for everyone. OS isn't church where we just worship the games.

I have no desire to have a cheese fest. I agree with you on that. But to dismiss others who have shown video proof of the CPU defense cheese and calling us lazy because we don't want to accept it is just wrong.

I appreciate your passion for the game and honestly I love it too. It really is amazing. I guess I should take my own advise and just ignore this thread but man I realize your intentions but this thread to me comes off so condescending. Sorry.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:07 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I can't take it no more. *snip*
Lol. 2K16 is nowhere close to the Real Deal. It's been 3 years, and yet the same bugs still happen. Players still slide around on the court. CPU defense still rely on the same old bump animations to mimic good defense. You can't do the same. Rebounding is still broken since even if you position well and time perfectly, if your rating is too low it'll phase between your hands and go to the guy behind you. Mysterious slow reaction from your controlled player when CPU makes a pass to an open shooter, making closeout impossible in many cases. Mysterious speed boosts and phasing through body parts to allow a beaten defender to get back into position to challenge the shot. Servers are still pretty crap.

All these complaints have been around since 2K13 at the least, and they haven't been solved at all. Instead, we get better graphics (subjective, I found 2K15's level of graphics sufficient for an immersive game), new canned animations, new soundtracks and a Spike Lee stint that is absolutely terrible. Seriously, what a waste of money MyCareer's cutscene was.

Yes, it was a cutscene because aside from choosing which college/HS you go to and play a few matches that has absolutely nothing to do with the story, you have 0 choices. Just play a match that has no meaning, then watch the cutscene.

I like their efforts this year, but it's still not good enough. I'd rather have the same MyCareer story as last year, and more gameplay improvements. Some real physics would be welcomed instead of more canned stuff. Better AI would also be welcomed. Seriously, who the hell in the NBA gets the ball in an open spot, and then dribble pull up towards the defense to take a well contested shot? I've seen that many times. In the key area, who in the NBA takes a hook shot over a layup when there's no defender in front? In real life, that'll be a thunderous slam and a highlight, but in 2K it's a lame hook shot that has about 0% chance of falling and a fast break for the CPU.

There's video evidence posted on most of these issues over the past 3 years and nothing's been done. And you're patting 2K on the back for a job well done?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »