Home

I don't understand the hype?

This is a discussion on I don't understand the hype? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 12:51 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
I don't understand the hype?

I've played this game for about 5 hours and I'm seeing issues that have been present for years.

Too many blocked shots, too many tipped passes, random foul calls (Not trying to defend the shot but fouls anyways), AI teammates moving COMPLETELY out of position, slow defenders keeping up with fast ball handlers, ball handlers dribbling off peoples feet, AI players running out of bounds, AI jumping on pump fakes but landing and recovering as I am trying to dribble by them, lol I just don't get it. I listen to everyone talk about what a great game 2K16 is, and all I've encountered are these silly flaws. I've seen teleporting players, players getting sucked into animations, players moving through other player's bodies, the same kind of issues we make fun of Madden for having. Lol I actually enjoy every bit of 2K16 OTHER than the gameplay itself. I feel like the cpu team does not make stupid mistakes that my AI teammates do. They'll switch for no reason, they'll cut into congested areas whereas the cpu team has great spacing, my players CONSTANTLY get stuck on ball screens while the cpu just slips around them, dribbling full speed with LeBron and run into Steph Curry like I hit brick wall, lol it makes zero sense to me.

Last edited by xCoachDx; 09-27-2015 at 01:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 01:21 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: I don't understand the hype?

2k16 is the most realistic basketball simulation to date. How can you not see the improvements from 2k15? Sure it's not perfect, they said themselves that they are still far from where they want the gameplay to be. If perfect basketball simulation is what you need then go play IRL.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2015, 01:27 AM   #3
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Game is amazing.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:31 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
I've played this game for about 5 hours and I'm seeing issues that have been present for years.

Too many blocked shots, too many tipped passes, random foul calls (Not trying to defend the shot but fouls anyways), AI teammates moving COMPLETELY out of position, slow defenders keeping up with fast ball handlers, ball handlers dribbling off peoples feet, AI players running out of bounds, AI jumping on pump fakes but landing and recovering as I am trying to dribble by them, lol I just don't get it. I listen to everyone talk about what a great game 2K16 is, and all I've encountered are these silly flaws. I've seen teleporting players, players getting sucked into animations, players moving through other player's bodies, the same kind of issues we make fun of Madden for having. Lol I actually enjoy every bit of 2K16 OTHER than the gameplay itself. I feel like the cpu team does not make stupid mistakes that my AI teammates do. They'll switch for no reason, they'll cut into congested areas whereas the cpu team has great spacing, my players CONSTANTLY get stuck on ball screens while the cpu just slips around them, dribbling full speed with LeBron and run into Steph Curry like I hit brick wall, lol it makes zero sense to me.
So in summary you hate that you can't turbo and do what you want on offense lol your just trash man this ain't 2k15 get hip
Old 09-27-2015, 01:31 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpured
2k16 is the most realistic basketball simulation to date. How can you not see the improvements from 2k15? Sure it's not perfect, they said themselves that they are still far from where they want the gameplay to be. If perfect basketball simulation is what you need then go play IRL.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
Oh I know some things are improved. But there are some things that were big problems last year that are still present this year. Chase down blocks, dribbling off of peoples feet, cpu locking down with slow defenders, silly passing accuracy is my biggest complaint. So sick of having a guy open and they'll throw it straight into a defender lol. It's embarrassing. Oh but I loved the cpu doing Enes Kanter's behind the head pass out of a layup to the opposite wing with pinpoint accuracy just now.. lol this game makes me facepalm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 01:32 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdot
So in summary you hate that you can't turbo and do what you want on offense lol your just trash man this ain't 2k15 get hip
Oh hey, the "you're not any good" comment. Shocker.

And that had absolutely zero relevance to the things I pointed out..
Old 09-27-2015, 01:38 AM   #7
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

This thread should be closed lol.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:46 AM   #8
Rookie

giantsharks's Arena

OVR: 3

This game is the gold standard for basketball games and sports games in general. I wish every sports game got the same treatment as nba 2k, you can tell people who know and love basketball worked on this game.
Golden State Warriors
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »