Home

New Rating 2k16 & Beyond.

This is a discussion on New Rating 2k16 & Beyond. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-19-2015, 07:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
New Rating 2k16 & Beyond.

After reading the blog on "MY LEAGUE" and seeing that they tried to address one of the biggest flaws in the mode with progression & regression w/ a slider a slider to help with the points where their peaks start. But what I've been wanting to see is players having 2 potential ratings, one for offense & one for defense..

For years i've always been bothered by the fact that players just progress.. & thats it.. they dont take into consideration the type of player they are or anything.. things like simming 3 years and John Wall having 90's ratings for 3 point shooting, or Carmelo waking up at 35 and deciding to avg 1.8 blocks per.. it can get quite ridiculous at times..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2015, 07:55 PM   #2
Rookie

HakeemOlajuwon's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: New Rating 2k16 & Beyond.

ronnie tweet
Quote:
@Ronnie2K
As announced on #NBA2KCast, 6 current players w/ 90+ rating (57 in 80's) in #NBA2K16. Who are the 6?
Old 08-19-2015, 08:22 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Easily:

LeBron
Curry
Davis
Durant
Harden

6th is probably someone out of M. Gasol, Duncan, Griffin, Paul
Old 08-19-2015, 08:26 PM   #4
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't think that there is one single way to tackle progression that will satisfy us all. What I have always wanted was something simple like each attribute having a potential rating. I think College Hoops 2k8 had this...Say a player comes into the league and he's a poor shooter but great athlete (physical attributes should remain static and decline only with age or injury). Well, his mid range shot is a 65 and potential may only be a B-. He will never be a lights out shooter, or even good at all. Things like badges (work ethic, all time great) and coaching could dictate whether he reaches his potential in that rating. Each attribute could work like that. I think we'd get more variance in players and style.

It would also make "potential" mean something. Say a player (Senior) comes into the league pretty solid out the box. Not great, but solid. But his potential in most of his attributes is already capped. There's minimal room for growth. But he can contribute on your team right away. Then you have another kid (Freshman) with insane potential but a lower overall. He may be great, but he will need a few years and a lot of work and training. Even then, he may not reach his ceiling and wash out the league. Or he may turn into LeBron, or he may toil around the league for a few years until he finds the right situation (coaching, playing time), provided he's no too old and blossom. I love stuff like that.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:05 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I don't think that there is one single way to tackle progression that will satisfy us all. What I have always wanted was something simple like each attribute having a potential rating. I think College Hoops 2k8 had this...Say a player comes into the league and he's a poor shooter but great athlete (physical attributes should remain static and decline only with age or injury). Well, his mid range shot is a 65 and potential may only be a B-. He will never be a lights out shooter, or even good at all. Things like badges (work ethic, all time great) and coaching could dictate whether he reaches his potential in that rating. Each attribute could work like that. I think we'd get more variance in players and style.

It would also make "potential" mean something. Say a player (Senior) comes into the league pretty solid out the box. Not great, but solid. But his potential in most of his attributes is already capped. There's minimal room for growth. But he can contribute on your team right away. Then you have another kid (Freshman) with insane potential but a lower overall. He may be great, but he will need a few years and a lot of work and training. Even then, he may not reach his ceiling and wash out the league. Or he may turn into LeBron, or he may toil around the league for a few years until he finds the right situation (coaching, playing time), provided he's no too old and blossom. I love stuff like that.
Thats alot of what i was getting at.. everybody just progresses into an all around player.. and thats not how things work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2015, 09:10 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragula15
Easily:

LeBron
Curry
Davis
Durant
Harden

6th is probably someone out of M. Gasol, Duncan, Griffin, Paul
Westbrook was also highly rated in the 90s last year, it could be him.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:17 PM   #7
Pro

Daddy123's Arena

OVR: 3

Isaiah Thomas - 81 OVR
Avery Bradley - 77 OVR
Evan Turner - 74 OVR
Jared Sullinger - 77 OVR
Tyler Zeller - 76 OVR
David Lee - 76 OVR
Lebron James - 94 OVR
Pau Gasol - 86 OVR
Al Horford - 83 OVR
Kristaps Porzingis - 77 OVR

Ratings that were revealed from today's blog
Old 08-19-2015, 10:20 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Surprised with a 77 for Porzingis. Expect Towns, Russell and Okafor to be very high

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »