Home

Can't get player to cut

This is a discussion on Can't get player to cut within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-16-2015, 12:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Can't get player to cut

I know what the 2k book directions state however on PS4 I continue to just get the playbook for the player instead of the option to get the player to cut in the direction I choose. Is there an issue with it? Are my controls setup incorrectly? I just don't know why it's the one thing I am unable to do. I haven't been able to activate offball movement either, but I'm still searching around to ensure it can still be done like last year. Just looking for a little help because the book directions are not working for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2015, 11:05 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Can't get player to cut

try a lead pass... while passing hold the stick in the direction you want the player to cut

or you can try the give n go
Old 04-16-2015, 08:39 PM   #3
Rookie

Sorry, no that's not really what I'm looking for.

Send Teammate on Cut: Tap L1, tap desired teammates's player icon, move Right Stick in direction you want him to cut.

The above is the 2k15 booklet instruction, but it falls apart right after the first step, soon as the teammate icon is elected it brings up that players assigned plays. Does anyone know if I need to change something within the controller settings? I cannot be the only utilizing this option to send a player on a cut, especially for those players that just stand after a play or when you're getting doubled to send a player in the right direction to penalize the double team. Help would be appreciated, thanks.

I'm going to continue searching and look for off-ball options.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:39 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't believe that is an option this year
Old 04-16-2015, 11:06 PM   #5
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

I have a little workaround that's not always effective but still better than nothing...

Call an on-ball screen with whoever you want to cut, then tap B (circle) to make them slip the screen. Sometimes he'll cut immediately, while other times he'll come all the way over to the ball-handle then slip. It's really hit or miss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2015, 07:46 AM   #6
Rookie

nip83's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
I have a little workaround that's not always effective but still better than nothing...

Call an on-ball screen with whoever you want to cut, then tap B (circle) to make them slip the screen. Sometimes he'll cut immediately, while other times he'll come all the way over to the ball-handle then slip. It's really hit or miss.
Nice find ,although it's not the same cause your other teamates lose their formation and go into spacing the PnR.E.g. if i want to make cuts through the triangle by using slip screen ,i can't maintain the triangle formation afterwards.

This year cuts are usually automatic.If you play any offense on motion cuts and a player is being denied he cuts using his opponent's bad positioning, which imho is a cool little feature(thanks to Czar). I've been able to generate offense by simply hitting some good outside shots and the cpu denying multiple players afterwards.It's read and react and you best bet for a pass is the bounce pass in those situations.(Or the coolest of all: hitting the other wing or a post player and playing a touch bounce pass ,spurs style)

Still, better than nothing.Thanx.

Last edited by nip83; 04-17-2015 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:18 PM   #7
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by INVALID
Sorry, no that's not really what I'm looking for.

Send Teammate on Cut: Tap L1, tap desired teammates's player icon, move Right Stick in direction you want him to cut.

The above is the 2k15 booklet instruction, but it falls apart right after the first step, soon as the teammate icon is elected it brings up that players assigned plays. Does anyone know if I need to change something within the controller settings? I cannot be the only utilizing this option to send a player on a cut, especially for those players that just stand after a play or when you're getting doubled to send a player in the right direction to penalize the double team. Help would be appreciated, thanks.

I'm going to continue searching and look for off-ball options.
It's bugged/not working this year, even though it's listed among the valid commands.
Old 04-18-2015, 02:28 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
It's bugged/not working this year, even though it's listed among the valid commands.
Great, a few patches and it's not been taken care of. Well I can forget about that and think of another option then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »