Home

Our "FOCUS" after patch 4!

This is a discussion on Our "FOCUS" after patch 4! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-25-2015, 12:15 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Our "FOCUS" after patch 4!

We should really stop spending so much time here talking about patch 4, patch 4 was released and we all downloaded it, yes it got the game worse with all these problems especailly the major one is the crazy high FG%. However, I really believe we can solve the problems ourselves and that should be the focus, not to whine here all day and begging for a patch 5, what if patch 5 is even worse?

So let me suggest here, I am only OFFLINE, and I try not to tweak too much in sliders because it is like a drug, I spent most of my time tweaking sliders than playing from 2k12 to 2k13 and I am not doing that ever again. SO, I have always lowered the shooting sliders by 3 to 5 and upper the defense sliders (Driving Contact Shot Frequency , Inside Contact Shot Frequency , Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff) , Layup Defense Strength (Release), Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) , Jump Shot Defense (Release) , Help Defense Strength) to 100 but I guess is not enough anymore, so do you guys think lowering the dribbling and uppering the on-ball defense will help the entire situation of too easy to score against the CPU?

Thank you guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2015, 02:28 AM   #2
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Our "FOCUS" after patch 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
We should really stop spending so much time here talking about patch 4, patch 4 was released and we all downloaded it, yes it got the game worse with all these problems especailly the major one is the crazy high FG%. However, I really believe we can solve the problems ourselves and that should be the focus, not to whine here all day and begging for a patch 5, what if patch 5 is even worse?

So let me suggest here, I am only OFFLINE, and I try not to tweak too much in sliders because it is like a drug, I spent most of my time tweaking sliders than playing from 2k12 to 2k13 and I am not doing that ever again. SO, I have always lowered the shooting sliders by 3 to 5 and upper the defense sliders (Driving Contact Shot Frequency , Inside Contact Shot Frequency , Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff) , Layup Defense Strength (Release), Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) , Jump Shot Defense (Release) , Help Defense Strength) to 100 but I guess is not enough anymore, so do you guys think lowering the dribbling and uppering the on-ball defense will help the entire situation of too easy to score against the CPU?

Thank you guys!

IMO lowering ball handling and raising on ball defense will help keep your PIP in check. I have felt lowering ball handling helps draw a few charging calls as well, and upping on ball D some probably helps with that too. I have ballhandling for me and the computer at 40, and on ball D at 65, or 70 cant remember.

I up the layup an jumpshot, gather and release Defense by +25, and Help D by +25 on the sim slider settings too. Last game I put Offense consistency at 40 and Defense consistency at 60, and got descent results.

With those settings or close to that as I have been tinkering since this last patch I have gotten a variety of shooting % for me an the computer. That's with using sim slider settings as a base, and having shooting sliders at the default sim setting.

Im probably going to lower shooting sliders next some to see what I get. I have health issues, and Im on constantly on pain meds, so Im probably not the best 1 to give advice on sliders as Im sure Im not as good as most of the guys here who play the game, so I need a little more help to get realistic stats probably than others playing on All Star, although I did try Super Star the other day, but that seemed to over powering for me at this time.

O also felt raising the layup-jumpers, gather and release Defense along with Help D not only kept PIP realistic but help with getting blocked shots by me and the computer as they are too low in this game compared to real life. Shot Blocking was actually better on NBA2k15 on the PS3, than it is on the PS4 version of the game this yr with teams shot blocks in games.

Hope some of this helps you out, but like I said Im probably not the best 1 to take slider opinions some since I need more help than most because of my health.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 03-25-2015, 02:34 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Our "FOCUS" after patch 4!

Thank you for your prompt reply brother, take care of yourself man! I don't really have time lately due to work to play 2K and when I do have time to play PS4 I focus on the career mode in FIFA but lately am getting bored of it so I wanna start playing 2K till Oct. The problem is I really don't have much time to try the game but I did play a few times these few days and the shooting percentage is really way too high, it is way too easy to get good release and as a result I score way too many points too easily. I will continue to test the game with sliders and since the defensive sliders I listed out are already at the MAX, the only thing I can do is keep lowering the shooting sliders (I USE THE SAME SLIDERS FOR USER AND CPU) until I get to the point where I feel realistic. So, anyone else here have any suggestions on what to do to fix our great if not the best 2K game ever made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
IMO lowering ball handling and raising on ball defense will help keep your PIP in check. I have felt lowering ball handling helps draw a few charging calls as well, and upping on ball D some probably helps with that too. I have ballhandling for me and the computer at 40, and on ball D at 65, or 70 cant remember.

I up the layup an jumpshot, gather and release Defense by +25, and Help D by +25 on the sim slider settings too. Last game I put Offense consistency at 40 and Defense consistency at 60, and got descent results.

With those settings or close to that as I have been tinkering since this last patch I have gotten a variety of shooting % for me an the computer. That's with using sim slider settings as a base, and having shooting sliders at the default sim setting.

Im probably going to lower shooting sliders next some to see what I get. I have health issues, and Im on constantly on pain meds, so Im probably not the best 1 to give advice on sliders as Im sure Im not as good as most of the guys here who play the game, so I need a little more help to get realistic stats probably than others playing on All Star, although I did try Super Star the other day, but that seemed to over powering for me at this time.

O also felt raising the layup-jumpers, gather and release Defense along with Help D not only kept PIP realistic but help with getting blocked shots by me and the computer as they are too low in this game compared to real life. Shot Blocking was actually better on NBA2k15 on the PS3, than it is on the PS4 version of the game this yr with teams shot blocks in games.

Hope some of this helps you out, but like I said Im probably not the best 1 to take slider opinions some since I need more help than most because of my health.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »