Home

Patch 4 Notes

This is a discussion on Patch 4 Notes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-21-2015, 11:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Patch 4 Notes

Where are they?

Is 2K purposely withholding the notes to read all the negative comments about how shooting is too easy now (even on HOF)? This isn't NBA Jam. Dropping a patch 6 months after the game releases that drastically affects shot success is something I cannot understand.

I only play offline due to the problems year after year with online play. I collect game data from 6 different offline users and adjust sliders to get shooting percentages where we want them. Over 150 games over the past 3 months of user vs user offline data is now worthless. Do you know what kind of planning it takes to get 6 guys who each live 30 minutes apart to play 150 user vs user offline games?

We allow the first 3 months after release date for 2k to collect their own data and fix known issues. I would not anticipate a major change to the shot success rate this late in the game, halfway through the game's life cycle.

I normally don't waste time with gripes about the game, I enjoy the game 99% of the time. I adjust playing the game to best utilize its simulation abilities, but enough is enough. This is a plea to please revert the changes to shot success back to patch 3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2015, 11:36 AM   #2
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

Re: Patch 4 Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyl
This is a plea to please revert the changes to shot success back to patch 3.
I too only play offline. The shot success right now is horrendously easy for offline players. I thought 2K did a great job with patch 3. Sliders and difficulty ACTUALLY mattered for shooting success. I said this earlier, I can get green releases with the worst mid range shooter in the game and frequently, no matter the difficulty.

On the other topic, I honestly don't know why 2K is holding off on patch notes. No games that I recall playing did we have to wait ridiculously long for patch notes once the patch was already released.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxPHANTOM
I too only play offline. The shot success right now is horrendously easy for offline players. I thought 2K did a great job with patch 3. Sliders and difficulty ACTUALLY mattered for shooting success. I said this earlier, I can get green releases with the worst mid range shooter in the game and frequently, no matter the difficulty.

On the other topic, I honestly don't know why 2K is holding off on patch notes. No games that I recall playing did we have to wait ridiculously long for patch notes once the patch was already released.
It would be really awesome if they reverted the shot success. Playing jordan rec league games, eveyrone plays super unrealistic basketball. It's easier for someone to get a offensive rebound, turbo to the baseline mid and shoot it because it has a better chance of going in than a putback layup. Threes go in too damn much as well.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:48 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Ronnie2K said they are waiting for the patch to appear on Xbox One before releasing patch notes.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:33 PM   #5
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Ronnie2K said they are waiting for the patch to appear on Xbox One before releasing patch notes.
Now you know that doesn't make a lick of sense....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2015, 06:12 PM   #6
Rookie

Hornetz's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
Now you know that doesn't make a lick of sense....
But it makes very much sense because if there's an exploit they've fixed they don't want to make that public until after the fact so Xbox One users don't take advantage of that.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:24 PM   #7
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt_XxX
It would be really awesome if they reverted the shot success. Playing jordan rec league games, eveyrone plays super unrealistic basketball. It's easier for someone to get a offensive rebound, turbo to the baseline mid and shoot it because it has a better chance of going in than a putback layup. Threes go in too damn much as well.

I don't know what rec you've been playing in because both of those things (and many, many more..) have been the norm since day 1. My team won't even go in for fast-break dunks anymore because of how cheesy and frustratingly unrealistic some of the blocks and non-defended rim clanks are, and it happens all the time. If you wanna win at the Rec, the only way is to shoot cheesy mid-ranges, corner 3's, and any open three's with a guy who knows how to get perfect release every time.
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Old 03-23-2015, 01:10 PM   #8
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

This patch..I'm just not feeling it right now (offline player). Patch 3 was perfectly fine.

So far, I've noticed:
-Shot success is unrealistically high across the board
-Turnovers have decreased
-Fouls are less consistent (or is it just me?)

Sigh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »