Home

Anyone have players do stuff without touching buttons??

This is a discussion on Anyone have players do stuff without touching buttons?? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-16-2015, 07:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anyone have players do stuff without touching buttons??

So here I am playing MyCareer, just got my shoe deal and signature shoe, have been tearing it up with my player on the Hawks averaging a double double and the occasional triple double and I get selected to start for the All-Stars at point.

Fine, that is good and dandy, except I can't control my player. Like, I am driving in, and he automatically without me touching either the right stick or square, just pulls up. Then he starts dribbling weird, not doing moves I even input, I flick the stick up to do a sham god, instead he does a spin (Im on absolute mode). I am gaurding my man and without ANY movement of the stick he flies off in a direction away from him for no reason. I litterally spent the whole all-star game sucking because I couldn't control my guy, its like he litterally wouldn't do anything I told him to. I got 3 in the key calls because he would just stand there and no matter if i pressed turbo, or shook the sticks, he wouldnt move... Anyone else ever have this problem???

CB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2015, 12:00 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Anyone have players do stuff without touching buttons??

I have, but not to that extent. My troubles is going straight into an animation without having control of my player. We all know about the hesitation dribble that disrupts your drives on an Iso or P&R situation. Now I'm getting this skipping while dribbling animation that is taking a life of it's own. It usually happens in the backcourt when coasting up the sideline. Now it's triggering whenever (fastbreaks, P&R, while running plays). It's like you can't change gears anymore without activating these fluke animations in the game, that you can't break.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:20 PM   #3
Pro

OP, did you recently throw your controller against the wall/floor in a fit of 2k15 cheese induced rage? Sounds to me like your controller is broken.

Obviously 2k15 is an unresponsive mess which puts you in ridiculous/inescapable/unwanted animations quite often BUT not (afaik) when you're not touching any buttons. So either you need a new controller or you're not realizing you touched a stick/button.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:33 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
OP, did you recently throw your controller against the wall/floor in a fit of 2k15 cheese induced rage? Sounds to me like your controller is broken.

Obviously 2k15 is an unresponsive mess which puts you in ridiculous/inescapable/unwanted animations quite often BUT not (afaik) when you're not touching any buttons. So either you need a new controller or you're not realizing you touched a stick/button.
Actually, I did smack it a while ago and its just now having the controller problems. Weird it all of a sudden cropped up. Switch controllers and it was fine.

On another note I am having what Cap has where he does the walk up animation and wont break out of it.

-Main problems is animations that break things (hesitation breaks a drive, and even moves seem too slow for someone with a 95 PM skill (My player)

-The unbreakable animations, like the pick up dribble or the slow walk

-Sometimes animations do weird things, I have the shamgod crossover and sometimes if I do it at half court, my guy will complete 180 and then do a shamgod..

-And the fact that you just cant really EXPLODE it seems. I know sometimes when your getting gaured as you go in you press shoot to finish, but seriously if I rip a cross over, I should be able to E-X-P-L-O-D-E out of it every time if I time it right, not "meh, Ill sprint I guess" and then have the defender on me. Very seldom do I leave the defender hanging and he cant recover. They always recover because I can't get my guy to explode which sucks.

That and I STILL want to be able to control the intensity of my moves, I want to do a tight fast spin WHEN I WANT TO, not when the game decides its convinient for me to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »