Home

Player of the game and individual highlights

This is a discussion on Player of the game and individual highlights within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-17-2014, 08:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1

Does anyone know if this will ever be corrected? I play 10 minute quarters in my league/association and can never view individual highlights or player of the game highlights at the end of the game. Thought a patch would fix this. I know it can be viewed if you player 6 minute quarters or less, but just wondering if it will be fixed overall? TIA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2014, 09:22 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Player of the game and individual highlights

There was a post a few weeks ago by one of the devs, saying that it is unlikely that POTG and highlights will get fixed, unfortunately.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:18 PM   #3
Rookie

SavoyPrime's Arena

Can't be fixed. Davez said that Sony didn't provide 2K with enough scratch space for PotG/Signature Highlights to be available on the PS4 unfortunately. Hopefully it is something they will be able to workaround for future installments.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:21 PM   #4
Rookie

What I do to get these to pop up at the end of the game is, before I start the third quarter I quit and save. Reload the game and there it goes after the game. Downside is, it's time consuming and highlights are limited since it will just show 2nd half highlights.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:07 PM   #5
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

Good tip my man
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2014, 08:33 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by swishfury
What I do to get these to pop up at the end of the game is, before I start the third quarter I quit and save. Reload the game and there it goes after the game. Downside is, it's time consuming and highlights are limited since it will just show 2nd half highlights.
Been doing this all year. Annoying but it works.

Sad that Sony did this though. Makes me wish I bought it on Xbox one (like last year) instead of ps4.

After game highlights is a must for me. I play 12 min quarters. it basically stops recording after the first half.

Weird issue though. Can't believe Sony would limit these guys.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:30 PM   #7
Rookie

I only play 12min all star/sim, and potg highlights seem to work almost every time. U can see most highlights in the stats screen. Potg presentation isn't that good anyway.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:27 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
Been doing this all year. Annoying but it works.

Sad that Sony did this though. Makes me wish I bought it on Xbox one (like last year) instead of ps4.

After game highlights is a must for me. I play 12 min quarters. it basically stops recording after the first half.

Weird issue though. Can't believe Sony would limit these guys.
I wouldn't necessarily say it's Sony limiting 2k devs.

The issue has existed since at least 2k13 on the PS3 (and before that I think they always crapped out if games went to OT but worked otherwise), so either 2K has no idea how to work around it (either has to do with newer PS firmware or code 2K introduced in regards to how those highlights are stored and it's just not compatible with PS), or just hasn't cared to look into it (which is dumb with all the 'we use ps4 for development now' pandering that happened when the new consoles launched, that they just plain missed that).

But it's pretty sad-- definitely was one of my favorite things to do after finishing a long game was to go through the box scores and play player highlights. Maybe along with overall, revamped presentation next year, they fix this issue as icing on that cake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »