Home

The in-game injury system needs to be revamped for 2k16

This is a discussion on The in-game injury system needs to be revamped for 2k16 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Would you like to see different injury situations/animations?
Yes 9 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2014, 03:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The in-game injury system needs to be revamped for 2k16

For far too long injuries have happened in pretty much one of two ways in 2k:

1. Player goes up for a rebound, doesn't get it, comes down on their leg, gets injured

2. Player takes a jumpshot, comes down on their leg, and gets injured

I don't watch basketball every day or watch every game, but I'm pretty sure that this isn't how most players get injured.

2k has added a ton of nice animations and collisions, why not actually use that for something instead of this magical injury system? Why can't a player go up for a layup, get contacted in the air, and come down and get injured? Why is it that a player has to come down from a jumper to tear an ACL or get a concussion?

These cartoon injuries need to be changed. There is no reason that these animations should be the only ones that result in injuries.

I mean really ,look at all the cool hard foul animations that were added this year. Why not use them for something instead of just using them for show? Why not allow players to get their shoulder, or backs injured when they get into those animations?

I don't see why a player can't get hit, lay on the floor for a second, favor their back and get a back spasm or sprain or whatever, shoot some free throws and then get subbed out at the next stop.

Why aren't these animations used for injuries? You can do so many neat things with these animations.

Why can't a player miss a dunk and then favor their hand after and get a sprain? Why can't a guy finish a layup in traffic and then tweak his ankle on the way down, but still get to run down the court on defense?

I think its about time that we see more situations that can result in an injury. It was such a joke in 2k14 that a player can take a jumper then come down with a concussion after. Stupidly enough I thought that with the new animations this year, they would have gotten rid of those scenarios and made in game injuries a little more realistic.

Another point I want to make. Why can't cpu players go to the scorers table before checking in? For the longest while we could see our players head to the table and sit before we make subs, why can't we see the cpu players do the same?

You would think that its important that we know that Kevin Durant is about to check in, so that I can counter that by getting Jimmy butler ready to check in to defend him, no? I'd argue that its even more important that we know which cpu players are checking in than to know which of our players are being subbed in, because we can see that on the D-pad.

One last thing that has also been going on for far too long, probably since I started playing this series in 2k9. If I call for a sub, and that player happens to go to the line for free throws, that does not mean that I want my sub to be cancelled once he's done shooting them.

Last edited by Soundtrack2C; 12-05-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2014, 06:35 PM   #2
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: The in-game injury system needs to be revamped for 2k16

It's the same plus they need to redo the news feed.A player gets hurt in game and after the game you go to the news feed it says he was hurt in practice.He was hurt in lastnights game.To many ghost Injuries on players I mean we dnt see the Injuries and our players r hurt.Also the injuries need to reflect was type of injury it is not go up for a jump shot kome dwn holding his ankle and it says he has a concussion..Please redo this fir next year.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:05 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The in-game injury system needs to be revamped for 2k16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_kmoney
It's the same plus they need to redo the news feed.A player gets hurt in game and after the game you go to the news feed it says he was hurt in practice.He was hurt in lastnights game.To many ghost Injuries on players I mean we dnt see the Injuries and our players r hurt.Also the injuries need to reflect was type of injury it is not go up for a jump shot kome dwn holding his ankle and it says he has a concussion..Please redo this fir next year.
Yes the news feed thing is a problem too, what I mentioned was basically legacy issues, but this post is right on the money. Guy gets hurt in game, news says he got hurt in practice.

Guy tears his ACL, out for 2-4 months.

The whole injury system period is flawed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »