Home

Tips on Getting a Green Release in NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Mode

This is a discussion on Tips on Getting a Green Release in NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #41
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Tips on Getting a Green Release in NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyProdigy
What difficulty are you guys playing on? On All Star, I get Korver's green light easy, but on Hall of Fame it's hard as heck, couldn't get it.
Only thabo and bazemore. No one else on the hawks can get green on a standing 3 ball or mid range shot on hof sim.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2014, 08:01 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0

What about Hall of Fame/Default, sliders set to 50 opposed to 45 midrange and 47 3point. Can you hit the green line?
Old 11-21-2014, 08:05 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax52277
I'm sorry to say this but your not suppose to make shot's play d or grab rebounds it's Hall of fame maaan!!!

Gamers have really changed man. "i cant get do it....ITS BROKEN" lol
Old 11-21-2014, 08:09 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostfaceDr1llah
The shot meter isn't the problem here. I here a lot of people just say "turn off shot meter and you'll make more shots!" They are ignorant to the actual situation. Does turning the shot meter off magically increase the players' shooting attributes? It does not at all. Some people might just be better at timing the jump shots by looking at the player which is why they tell us to "turn off the shot meter and you'll make more shots."

However, the real problem is the actual shot animations. YOU CAN turn off the shot meter but leave on shot feedback and you'll see that it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a perfect a plus release with certain players like Korver. Going 1 for 6 with Kyle Korver when you are wide open most of the time is the problem here. If Korver was able to get perfect releases at a decent clip, it wouldn't be too bad.

In a hypothetical situation, we can play a ss/hof sim game or even a freestyle mode with both of us using the Hawks. You can turn off the shot meter and I'll keep it on. It is highly unlikely that you'll make a more significant amount of 3's with korver than me also using korver. HOWEVER, It is highly likely that both of us will brick his a lot of his open jump shots which is the problem here because if you can't get a single perfect release on ss/hof, you'll shoot a good amount of bricks.

Everyone wanted Signature shots for every player.

2K made that happen.Now everything is broken now that people cant master a guys signature shoot.

If I was a dev,im like someone find a brick and hit me over the head...
Old 11-21-2014, 09:28 PM   #45
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2

The problem i have besides the horrible jump shot animations for some players, is that an excellent release seems to trump anything. What really bothers me is if i get an excellent release somehow my shot selection becomes an A+ no matter what and defense is pretty much irrelevent. I have never missed a perfect release. And It seems all you have to do is master a decent shooters release and your good.

And then theres the alley oops.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2014, 11:47 AM   #46
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
Everyone wanted Signature shots for every player.

2K made that happen.Now everything is broken now that people cant master a guys signature shoot.

If I was a dev,im like someone find a brick and hit me over the head...
When you start on HOF prepare yourself to have (losing) streak's (bad teammates Ai) team (chemistry) you're not going to have your way!

But trade's training drafts and a lot of patience less BS will happen. so try stick with the chess for now and lose some games.

All-star was hard until I made some trade's my d skills got better and training my team
I bumped back to Sstar.
Have no choice but to deal with the cheesy A$$ CPU.

Last edited by madmax52277; 11-22-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:29 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
Gamers have really changed man. "i cant get do it....ITS BROKEN" lol
I'm inclined to say this aspect of the game is indeed "broken". We're about a month in since launch day, and I've yet to achieve a perfect timing (beyond close range) with certain players on Superstar or HOF difficulties.

The Cavs appear to be one of the better teams if not the best team to use online, simply because Irving and LeBron's shot releases are relatively easy compared to the rest of the league.

The variance in shot timings for players is nothing new. However, there shouldn't be variance between perfect timing for close range shots and shots outside of 10 feet. It's a bit confusing to say the least.

Last edited by luda06; 11-22-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:18 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax52277
When you start on HOF prepare yourself to have (losing) streak's (bad teammates Ai) team (chemistry) you're not going to have your way!

But trade's training drafts and a lot of patience less BS will happen. so try stick with the chess for now and lose some games.

All-star was hard until I made some trade's my d skills got better and training my team
I bumped back to Sstar.
Have no choice but to deal with the cheesy A$$ CPU.

it would be nice to think that they intended it this way but go look at the names i posted. its random and if you look further into it it's only for certain shotbases. i appreciate your point of view but it is incorrect. the green in freestyle is the litmus test that a player is broken and will miss more than he should. it completely makes much of the standing mid and 3pt ratings meaningless. Also if it was intended why would they randomly break good players and on top of that just for standing shots. they let the moving shots work? lol thats great. lets just do moving shots wide open to make sure we get to use the proper ratings.

all good though, its much easier to live with head in the sand and pretend. 2k is counting on this.

Last edited by DaWarrior; 11-22-2014 at 01:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »